ViBrationNC

APEX Tanoa map??

31 posts in this topic

Hello guys.. I know this may be a little early... but was wondering if and when Tanoa is available.. will we be able to play it via Exile? Not sure of the legal rules/rights etc...  but the map looks amazing!! Not sure of the size.. a few people say its huge and would need a 300 man server just to have interaction...? So if you know the size.. please post... is it bigger than Atlis?

Anyway thanks,

ViBe

• Like 1

Advertisement

Tanoa

That's the map I'm waiting for :)

It looks a lot like Altis in terms of Size and Shape but will be very different in terms of content.

New buildings, which means new loot spawns have to be created, I might have a quick solution for that... more to follow on that.

A lot of dense jungle... Can I suggest adding zombies with ExileZ 2 ;)

Yeah not everyone will buy it so less people will be able to join the servers. But I don't care, I've been running my server for months with never more than 8 players since nobody seem to be able to install mods :P who cares, I had fun.

It is planned for the first half of 2016... My bet is May but it can be as late as july.

One sure thing is that I'll have an Exile server running on it Day 1

*if you preorder it you get access to the beta I think.

I normally hate preorders and strongly vouch against them. But this is different as it's a map, not a full game.

Anyway, now I need to find a lei.

preordering a map is even worse then preordering a game imo. Or rather, having to pay $20~ish for a map of a beta (is it still beta?) game is rediculous.
That being said, I'll probably buy it.

Edited by InsertCoins

1 hour ago, Patrix87 said:

Tanoa

That's the map I'm waiting for :)

It looks a lot like Altis in terms of Size and Shape but will be very different in terms of content.

New buildings, which means new loot spawns have to be created, I might have a quick solution for that... more to follow on that.

A lot of dense jungle... Can I suggest adding zombies with ExileZ 2 ;)

Yeah not everyone will buy it so less people will be able to join the servers. But I don't care, I've been running my server for months with never more than 8 players since nobody seem to be able to install mods :P who cares, I had fun.

It is planned for the first half of 2016... My bet is May but it can be as late as july.

One sure thing is that I'll have an Exile server running on it Day 1

*if you preorder it you get access to the beta I think.

I normally hate preorders and strongly vouch against them. But this is different as it's a map, not a full game.

Anyway, now I need to find a lei.

Altis is huge, Tanoa is only 10x10...... Lingor or Panthera size.  100 square km, compared to Altis @ 270 sq km..... 

Not really too impressed with Tanoa...sure I will give it a whirl, but I am more or less waiting for Taunus. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

Funny, how does 100sq km = 270sq km......

Welcome to Tanoa – home to lush tropical vegetation, unique landmarks, a rich history, and imposing man-made feats of modern engineering. Walk, swim, drive, fly, and sail your way across over 100 km² of the South Pacific archipelago.

https://arma3.com/tanoa

ALTIS

Clocking-in at 270 km2, Altis truly is the star of Arma 3.

https://arma3.com/features/terrain

That Picture comparison you have posted makes no sense....

Advertisement