Latouth

What os do you use?

What Operating System do you use for hosting arma servers?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What Operating System do you use for hosting arma servers?

• Windows
    • Any Linux
    • CentOS
    • Ubuntu
    • Debian
    • Other (Specify below)

Question

4 answers to this question

We had a dedi box on linux a few months back, it ran smooth just  seemed so long winded to work on as nothing was intuitive, file locations were different etc. I'm not a Linux guy though -  I did a bit of Solaris a few years back that served me well but it was still a ball ache. There again I struggle with Windows too. I think I'm just thick... lol

Advertisement

Not sure what all the fuss about Linux is. I've been running linux dedi servers for over 15 years now, never had any issues with any game I've hosted on the dedibox. Exile, Zombie mod (custom code), RHS, MAS, TRYK, CUP Terrain and NAPF - absolutely no issues setting up at all. Even had Cherno, Esseker and Altis setup on them too. Personally, I would never run Arma 3 on a winblows dedicated box either.. nope, not ever gonna happen. Not worth the drop in stability, security or performance using it. 

There is an abundance of information for linux to do everything you want it to do and exactly how to do it. Just requires a RTFM ;)

7 hours ago, iVaper said:

Not sure what all the fuss about Linux is. I've been running linux dedi servers for over 15 years now, never had any issues with any game I've hosted on the dedibox. Exile, Zombie mod (custom code), RHS, MAS, TRYK, CUP Terrain and NAPF - absolutely no issues setting up at all. Even had Cherno, Esseker and Altis setup on them too. Personally, I would never run Arma 3 on a winblows dedicated box either.. nope, not ever gonna happen. Not worth the drop in stability, security or performance using it. 

There is an abundance of information for linux to do everything you want it to do and exactly how to do it. Just requires a RTFM ;)

Interesting that you have no issues! Perhaps you could help me then with trying to locate the issue with this:

Advertisement