C][G GhostTown™

Starting a new server?

25 posts in this topic

So this question is for new and old owners,

What drives you to running your own server?

Lately there seems to be a huge increase of people starting there own server's with absolutely no experience on even the basics of changing the server name. Just curious on what is the reason for this? Is it cause you want admin? You think you can run a better server?

There is so many different server's out there with each offering something slightly different. But lately people are just trying to run there own server's instead. The players to server ratio has took a big hit with this it seems as well.

I understand people who have prior experience hosting and managing a server but this huge push of people with 0 experience is what I'm curious on, what is driving these people to run there own server?

Not sure if I'm looking at this incorrectly but with the purge of server's alot of good ones are taking a hit and dying off. How will this effect the future of Exile? 

Advertisement

Just feels like there is so many server's out there and alot of them stay empty.

I know my motivation was playing on some server's that was p2w and had horrible staff that I just had enough and decided to reopen my server.

It's kept me going and my players have been happy. Just trying to see what everyone else's motivation is, and the motivation that these new server owners have. 

We ran a A2 namalsk server (dayz and epoch) and like a place of our own to play on. Also (almost) nobody has a 1st person only server. Put one and two together and you have the reason why I run a server :)

29 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

We ran a A2 namalsk server (dayz and epoch) and like a place of our own to play on. Also (almost) nobody has a 1st person only server. Put one and two together and you have the reason why I run a server :)

I used to run a Epoch server back in the day. Took a long break from hosting till recently, and I tried to do 1st person only but it seems to scare people away lol. 

• Like 1

Our server has been up since December but I only started helping the past couple months.  For me it's just enjoyable to learn something new and it reminds me of my college days doing the coding.

We had a solid 20+ player base for most of the time until recently.   Those players have just moved on to other games.  We lost very few to other servers.  New players haven't been sticking around long and I can only guess it's because we didn't give out poptabs and our roaming AI tends to more than average difficulty.  We've always had a great combination of add-ons and scripts.

21 minutes ago, Capt00 said:

Our server has been up since December but I only started helping the past couple months.  For me it's just enjoyable to learn something new and it reminds me of my college days doing the coding.

We had a solid 20+ player base for most of the time until recently.   Those players have just moved on to other games.  We lost very few to other servers.  New players haven't been sticking around long and I can only guess it's because we didn't give out poptabs and our roaming AI tends to more than average difficulty.  We've always had a great combination of add-ons and scripts.

I know the feeling.

We are running a survival type server and unfortunately I feel that most people who like that are playing desolation or already have a home.

Almost all the server's I see full are fully militarized easy mode server's. I just don't enjoy that like I used to.

Advertisement