Guest Rapscallion

First personly only

16 posts in this topic

Guest Rapscallion

I realise i may get lynched for this but, whipping into third person and looking around a corner is so immersion breaking and i dont think it should be in arma period. But i don't understand why people like third person so much.

• Like 3

Agreed, its not just immersion breaking, its not fair.  The person can see around the corner or over the fence without being seen.  But .. there you go, its an option and its able to be disabled on servers and many servers DO DISABLE 3rd person. Play on those servers.    People have a VERY hard time with heli and vehicles .. in first person,  there is a script that limits 3rd person to vehicles only that I used for a while before just going full-on first person.

• Like 1

Advertisement

We pride ourselves on offering a 1st person server, and players do join our server. Granted it's not the 40/40 we'd like to have but for a 1st person only server we do all right. 

Whenever I see gaming videos on arma I feel actual repulsion at the looking around corners in 3rd person. It's not only not fair, it's cowardly. And you are depriving yourself of the thrill that is 1st person. Just yesterday I was crawling on sebjan airfield in the dark, just hoping the player on the opposite side wouldn't see me but having absolutely no clue as to where exactly he was. If I could have gone 3rd person I would have spotted him without fail and jump up to fire. In 1st person my adrenaline was pumping and the fear grabbed me, heightening my arma senses and making me doubt my own crawl plan. With good reason, cause he saw me and shot me on account of him having night vision goggles. :(

There is no comparing the sheer immersion and subsequent fear that is 1st person arma. It's unforgiving at best. I fucking love it. 

• Like 1

One good thing about 1st person only...it's supresses some KoS because those who don't have the balls to attack unless they have the comfort of a detached camera won't and players always have to look over their shoulder ( literally ) if they don't want to get a dose of surprise butt sex when the server runs on 1st person. Sometimes it was just to easy to follow players around for kilometers because they never look back just once.

If you wanted to you could always run something like this:

Spoiler

ZEForceFirstPerson = {
	while {true} do {
		if (ExileClientPlayerIsInCombat) then {
			if (cameraView == "External") then {
				player switchCamera "Internal"; 
				hint "Your camera can't be third-person while in combat.";
			};
		};
		if ((speed player > 25) && (vehicle player != player)) then {
			if (cameraView == "External") then {
				player switchCamera "Internal"; 
				hint "Your camera can't be third-person over 25 km/h.";
			};
		};
	};
};

Everytime I try to do 1st person only.. my players hate it. I love it, its a hard balance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

f you wanted to you could always run something like this:

Hmm. This is interesting. I like it! Thanks for sharing! I normally use 1st person when driving or when laying on the ground awaiting someone to cross my path! :P

Edited by Excaliber_47

Advertisement