INFECTIOUSGAMEZ

server help

Question

Good Evening I am looking for some one that could perhaps help me. I am wanting to set up a Exile Mod Zombie Server . I have tried to my best on making things work as for adding mods but seem to fail. I cant seem to get the whole scripting ideal to work. so if there is some one that could perhaps help me with the whole setting up the server please contact me and let me know. I am not sure if this is the proper place to send this type of issue.

PS: I do Have the basic knowledge of setting up the server to how to add the mods and the keys all i m having issues is adding the mods script to the script.txt. i have no clue where in the script.txt i have to add each mod i add to the server..also im not asking some one to do all the work for me :)

Edited by INFECTIOUSGAMEZ

11 answers to this question

There is already 100s of empty servers with only the owner playing that cant install scripts.

Your going to try and setup the exact same thing that everyone else already has going.

I hate to be rude but there is just so many servers now cause everyone wants to be a server owner with no experience on how to do so.

Than the forums get spammed with questions on how to set this up, how to fix this, how to install this.

Almost all the mods come with clear instructions on how to set stuff up, I have been there my self.

• Like 2

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

Learn it the hard way. If you don't have the patience to learn, you don't have the patience to run a server anyway.

Says a guy with dead servers. Save your arrogance and fear of competition or don't post. Hell a DEVELOPER here in Eichi ( probably spelt that wrong so sorry ) helps people like this and does it for free!

same for you ghost you and Tobias are the reason why people like gr8 exist. To jaded to help and neither of you learnt it all on your own and had help. To the op I'm sure someone will pm you and off to help "for a donation" but maybe you'll get lucky and Eichi will offer :D

Edited by Thor_The_Lizard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thor_The_Lizard said:

Says a guy with dead servers. Save your arrogance and fear of competition or don't post. Hell a DEVELOPER here in Eichi ( probably spelt that wrong so sorry ) helps people like this and does it for free!

same for you ghost you and Tobias are the reason why people like gr8 exist. To jaded to help and neither of you learnt it all on your own and had help. To the op I'm sure someone will pm you and off to help "for a donation" but maybe you'll get lucky and Eichi will offer :D

Not much has changed http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32345-players-on-your-server/&do=findComment&comment=235477

5 hours ago, Thor_The_Lizard said:

There is a difference between helping someone who has some experience already and is willing to make a effort and someone who has no idea what they are doing and is going to ask for help(that turns into them asking someone to do all the work) ....

I have helped alot of people and have invited them on my teamspeak to assist further. For free. I don't mind helping people who at least know the basics.

My issue is the amount of people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing and start spamming the forums and pms for help cause they don't even know how to change some of the most basic stuff. And than when you help it turns into them asking you to setup everything for them. This is why the player base is getting thinned out so much, cause every player thinks they should be running a server.

Now it was late when I replied and was in a bad mood so I apologize. I don't mind offering help but more information on what you have tried and what went wrong helps. 

7 hours ago, Thor_The_Lizard said:

You confuse arrogance with reality. Reality is that if you do not have the patience to look up the countless of threads there are with guides how to start a server, if you do not have the patience to go through the hoops, and deal with all the issues on your own until you run into something specific, that there's little to no help for on the forums, then you just don't have what it takes to make this work. Once you've dealt with enough problems on your own you know the difference between common issues that there are dozens of posts about how to fix, and the things that you really, truly need help with. If you're not even bothered to figure out the difference, then this 'setting up an arma-server'-business is not for you.

I help plenty of people who have specific questions on these forums. Just sift through my post history. I will however not help people who say "Do this for me", because that's an endless one-sided relationship. It has little to do with being jaded or arrogant. It's simple reality. In some way if he follows my advice he will be better off. Either he starts using the search function and works it out or he gives up and saves himself from countless hours of frustration with this engine.

As for my dead servers, they did not get dead because I needed help doing everything for me, they're dead because I didn't do what most of my players wanted. 

4 hours ago, Goblin said:

Actually it did. I started a project to work together with other communities and help each other out. We became a group of 12 people who started "Edge of Sanity" and had a pretty successful run, where we had a pretty well-known german streamer support us. None of that success was because of me, it was because of us. The same reason why we failed in the end also. 

With that said, certainly I'm still prideful. I'm still idealistic about what I prefer. I want this game to be hard. It attracts extremely few players. Which is a pity, but I don't change my servers based on what's popular. I change them based on what I think works. 

• Like 2

To the OP, sorry seems like your thread got a little derailed...

I dont know where you are at with the server set up, but lets assume you have the basic Arma 3 server setup with Exile mod. After that, you can add mods like Zombies and Demons (aka Ryanszombies) , ExileZ 2 (which is a Zombie spawner for Z and D....must have!). These are very good mods that will give you a server populated with the zombies you seek. You can find both of these in the addons thread, or armaholics.

If you read through the threads of each you will find all of the basic instructions for installation and configuration.  There are also many posts where people have encountered issues and then resolved them, which may also help you in your own server "adventure". If you cant find what you need there, then you can always post a specific question and usually someone will try to help. If you can post your .rpt file as well,  it is always helpful when seeking assistance.  Chances are, if you search the forums first, someone has probably already gone through the issue you are having and hopefully posted a solution. Unfortunately, sometimes when a solution is found, it is not always posted and the thread dies... but w/e, there is tons of info out there, its just not very organized, use Google...and dont be scared to peek inside of script file to see what is in there and how things are written.   Its the best way to learn,..just keep a back up copy of your files in case you have to start over. If you haven't already, download a copy of Notepad ++ with the sqf plugin. It is a common tool for editing files.

Edited by Timber
  • Like 2

as a community, we would like to apologize to INFECTIOUSGAMEZ.

There is an unending stream of people asking the same thing, but for some reason (coincidence) this post received the ire from built up frustration.  Its nothing personal and you asked a valid question.

everything everyone said is true (except nobody cares about the personal attacks over server populations).  I ALWAYS help as many people as I can, as often as I can, all for free.  

It is annoying when the person asks for it all to be done .. i have my own stuff to work on.   I have been giving people a bit of help at first and then tell them to install the rest of the scripts themselves and tell me what doesnt work so I can usually tell them they forgot a semicolon on line 45 or something like that.  They learn from the experience and are given a sense of pride in the server because they did it themselves.  

So, to answer the OP.. not likely. but if you install the scripts and post all the errors you will get immediate answers and help on how YOU can fix your problems.  In fact you can email me at [email protected] and i will usually reply in just a few minutes ...

• Like 1

Advertisement