ViBrationNC

Let the trader Camping begin!

101 posts in this topic

Physical money...? If you though trader/safezone camping was bad.. you just wait. Also.. did I read there was going to be a MAX TAB setting? Oh and flag capturing?  I got an Idea.. lets just make it so everything we work for can be taken or stolen from server trolls, large groups of players and ATM CAMPERS! Im sorry... but I think you're going the wrong direction!! I've said it a 1000 times.. The "Hardcore" players that want this.. WONT PAY THE BILLS!! They are few are far between! Its the other 95% of the player base that keep the game alive.. and trust me when I say this.. If you make the game to hard.. they wont play! The average casual gamer does not have time and wont waste their time to build a base, make poptabs only to have it destroyed by server jerks! They will simply leave and find another game!

Sure carrying money around with you adds worth to it.. having your base being able to be taken over means you have to babysit it 24/7. Listen, Dayz SA has gone this direction and look at where it is now... they made the game too hard and nobody plays. Sorry you hardcore survivalist gamers.. but most players dont want to play the way "YOU" do.

I've read post over post about the infamous "Base Raid" possibilities.. and 99% of them are from people who DONT HAVE BASES! I've played 2500 hours of Exile so far and I know the type of player who wants this.. its the guy who doesnt build a base.. comes to the server with a group of other 12 yr old friends and just causes havoc! They cry because they cant get into a base easy or they get kick for Glitching thru the walls! They camp the traders and kamikaze and just do troll crap. They get upset then come here and post ideas on how and why base raiding should be made easy! IM SORRY.. if anything base raiding SHOULD BE MADE HARDER!!!! If I take the time to build a base.. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A SERVER TROLL WITH A SATCHEL STEALING EVERYTHING! Now you say we have to have "ALL" our money in a safe?? LOL Thats just a JOKE! Not only will they satchel or glitch into your base and destroy ALL you vehicles.. but now they can take all your poptabs too???? You do realize you will lose alot of players once this starts happening? My base should be as hard to get into it.. as I design it to be!! If I build a poor dependable or easily penetrable base.. THEN THATS MY FAULT! Floors/roofs should be able to be re-enforced and should not be able to be destroyed! The only way then you should be able to get into my base is by camping the door or planning a strategy to get in! Oh and stealing a flagpole....? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Once again.. server trolls/kids without a base or a large group of players! DO YOU NOT SEE HOW THIS WILL RUIN THE GAME.. even further? At this pace there will be nothing left but those ooooh sooo important "Hardcore" players who think they now whats right.

Now other than adding value to the poptabs thing.. Im not sure why you are doing this.. server performance..? Whatever the case may be.. personally I think it is a bad idea. I think I might be able to live with the bank system and making a withdraw for what I need to go to the traders.. but having all my money in a safe at my "very easy to break into base" is just a BAD IDEA!!

ALso.. if I may.. this new thing about locking your vehicle/doors while in combat is pure stupid.. So you shoot at someone or someone shoots at you and your somehow forget your pincode and have to enter it again? Sorry.. thats just ridiculousness.

Exile came out and was the best game!!! Easy to make money, build a base and do your thing.. and thats why people loved it! IT WAS FAST SIMPLE AND FUN! Now the game and all the options and mods are just tearing the game apart. There are soooooo many servers and every one of them have 2 - 20 mods and 100 different rules and on top of that all the changes the devs are making. Im not sure how much longer this will last.

Im open to criticism and even some logic as to why these changes are being made and it may even shed some light on my opinions.. but for the most part I honestly believe that the average casual gamer now.. that currently plays Exile.. WILL leave and find another game.. once things become to difficult! And that the people/players who want this to become a "Hardcore" survival game.. are just not enough of a community to keep the game alive. It  seems to me that you have to keep everyone happy in the community.. but the direction Exile is going is catering towards the hardcore players.

Thats my opinion.. Im sure it doesnt matter and I will get the trolls here to flame away.. as they do... because we all know they are the best gamers on the planet and they know everything! Other than that.. I love this game, I've built bases, made plenty of money and have had some awesome encounters and battles. I personally DO NOT WANT ANOTHER DAMN DAYZ FREAKING GAME! I ALSO dont want another Call Of Duty game! Exile was perfect when it came out!! 

• Like 2

I've got a fair few hours in Arma 3. All Exile hours as well. 

I'd like there to be some form of risk. At the minute everything is too safe and secure. 

Everything you can accumulate in Exile should be able to be lost in some way, (other than Arma bugs)

Because base raiding has been mentioned doesn't mean it will be made easy to break in. It can be made difficult to accomplish in many ways. ( I'd rather have someone have to go and find/buy the resources to be able to take out a door or a wall on my base rather than have them camp it 24/7 waiting for me to unlock the door and come out.

The whole experience would be alot better if there was an element of fear that when you do venture out, you can be vulnerable if you let your guard down too much.

All this running around like headless chickens looting, killing, dying and repeat would be reduced as it would make you take note of surroundings and what's going on around you.

I wouldn't even call it hardcore either, considering it's survival based. Survival should be difficult, that is the whole point. 

Regardless of what happens there will always be that player that camps an area. You will never stop that so using that as an excuse in my opinion isn't valid. People that troll are everywhere and changing anything in game isn't going to change their attitude on how they play. It will just change their location of camping. 

Also I think making a statement saying that only people that don't build bases want to be able to raid others bases is a bit foolish. We aren't all the same, if we was then life as a whole would be boring for everyone. 

I for one would like more risk to be involved. However it's implemented i'm sure some form of compromise can be met. There just needs to be a risk.

Advertisement

This post right here is why I play this game. I cant' wait to hear the tears of side chat text when I take over someones base and murder them with all their poptabs on them. Causing them to start over and play the game OH THE HORROR.

8 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

This post right here is why I play this game. I cant' wait to hear the tears of side chat text when I take over someones base and murder them with all their poptabs on them. Causing them to start over and play the game OH THE HORROR.

I'll be honest and say, Sometimes I don't agree with your opinions. (no disrespect we are all entitled to our own opinions) BUT. I have to say I agree with this.

This is how it should be, after building a base there is not much to do. Now if that base could be attacked or worse taken over, Then there would still be something to do. IE gear back up, rebuild base if it hasn't been taken over, or gear up and go and take the base back. It's gives a goal at the end of the day. It may be small but it's a goal to work towards.

• Like 1

Losing physical money is ok, but going from "nothing to lose" to "lose it all" is too much! Make it like it was at CCG in epoch for Arma 2. Create a banking system in the tradezone, on our server Aircraft traders and the Black Market are safezones, so going there with physical money is a risk. But storing all your money is one or more personal safes is just feeding the trolls not to mention dupers. I think you need to reconsider the system, physical thank god YES, storing it all in personal safes, NO.

• Like 3

I've seen it on every server and even been a part of it my self... LARGE GROUPS of players.. destroying other players bases and livelihood and then leaving the server.. server dies! I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN.. OVER AND OVER! This new update/change is only going to make it worse! MARK MY WORDS!

There simply has to be a happy medium... and I understand the game is being fine tuned at the moment... but if you get a hold or ahead of the problem before its to late... then its not detrimental. 

4 minutes ago, NoMercy-NoRegrets©®™ said:

Yes easy ass no skilled players will be lost... but people who enjoy a challenge will stay

Not completely true, there are just different kind of players. Make it at least configurable.

• Like 2

Advertisement