Gattaca

Doors and parachutes

5 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is even a possibility (I haven't started coding for A3 yet) so this is just a "maybe if possible" comment.

locking and closing, unlocking and opening doors is VERY wonky.  Is there a way that lock/unlock and close/open can be at the top of the action list. I know you get the door icon after locking and unlocking but it vanishes so quickly that you end up re-locking or unlocking or selecting another weapon (or God forbid; the axe).  if you are behind the door you have to find "the sweet spot", to get any door related context making a bit difficult when being chased and trying to close, lock your door while searching for that sweet spot :)

PARACHUTE:  why does my character leak water and food on the float down.  I think bambi state should give a bit lessened effect to the demands of being so thirsty (or hungry) that you land with 88% liquid in your system. Maybe its the OMG I just jumped into Exile-land and gave a quick wee....

The attached image shows that unlock and close the door are miles apart.

arma3 2016-03-18 22-28-16-89.jpg

Edited by Gattaca

Advertisement

You do know that you don't need to instantly open your parachute, right?

Try opening it a procedurally lower heights, it's not like you lose anything from hitting the ground to hard. I usually open at ~200 meters, you can go even lower than that if you dare.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:05 PM, BossMannAU said:

You do know that you don't need to instantly open your parachute, right?

Try opening it a procedurally lower heights, it's not like you lose anything from hitting the ground to hard. I usually open at ~200 meters, you can go even lower than that if you dare.

86m is the lowest we've got to without being a puddle when you hit the floor! We have competitions lol.

I normally pull my chute at about 100m though. A safe height and gives you a little bit of floating time :)

On 3/19/2016 at 3:37 PM, Gattaca said:

why does my character leak water and food on the float down.  I think bambi state should give a bit lessened effect to the demands of being so thirsty (or hungry) that you land with 88% liquid in your system. Maybe its the OMG I just jumped into Exile-land and gave a quick wee....

The thirst and hunger levels deplete at a very unrealistic rate. You can actually go for more than 3 weeks without food (although you'll be very weakened by then) and water is maybe a week tops. 

*Edit* I just replied to a post from March... ugh... damn necroposts!

• Like 1

Advertisement