Oddy-B

UH1H fuel

8 posts in this topic

The fuel capacity is way too low for a helicopter of this class, 250 litres, this class of helicopter should be  1000litre capacity as it is in other arma mods

I was very exited to get this helicopter in exile, up until seeing the fuel capacity that makes the pawnee or hummingbird more atractive buys.

It would be nice to see this amended to the helecopter's true arma spec.

Apart from this, it is a great update

• Like 1

I just think it funny that if you get a ground vehicle you can drive off road with it for a month before it needs fuel, but get a chopper and you are lucky to go 10 minutes before running out of fuel. As such, I now only use choppers with at least 2k fuel tanks.

It is less an issue of tank size, but rather consumption rate. Choppers simply use fuel way too fast. Get in a server that runs in real time (no time compression) and there's simply no reason a chopper should run out of fuel this quick while most ground vehicles can get 50k miles to the gallon (exaggeration intended).

Edited by :]v[: Assassin

Advertisement

I agree. And not just UH1H, all the choppers! They literally run out of fuel faster than my real life drone runs out of battery – and that's quite sad. I was looking forward to being "eyes in the sky" for my mates when they go through a DMS mission etc. but now I don't even bother to fly. Especially when refueling on gas stations isn't that easy (I'm flying with advanced flight model and 1st person only).

In real life helicopters can fly for hours, 3-5 hours average it seems.

If this is a balance issue, why not make it a server property?

I dont agree on this one.

Its a game in the end and i think running a helicopter should have its drawbacks.

Fuel consumption should be the biggest one.

I would rather lower the fuel on the other heli's then raising it on the huey.

Basic risk reward .

Risk when refueling but gain eyes in the sky and fast travel/picking up dead team mates.

Cars should have the same balances with fuel economics.

Armed hummvee refuel every 45min

Unarmed hummvee every 60min

etc etc

23 hours ago, ACAB said:

I dont agree on this one.

Its a game in the end and i think running a helicopter should have its drawbacks.

Fuel consumption should be the biggest one.

I would rather lower the fuel on the other heli's then raising it on the huey.

Basic risk reward .

Risk when refueling but gain eyes in the sky and fast travel/picking up dead team mates.

Cars should have the same balances with fuel economics.

Armed hummvee refuel every 45min

Unarmed hummvee every 60min

etc etc

How about letting server admins decide on things like this themselves? After all you can adjust almost everything, including things that affect the gameplay balance much more, such as hunger and thirst rate etc.

I think server owners should put there effort in loot table/economy and respect system balances.

This combined with scripting and map setup is already alot of things to get right.

Leave the vehicles up to the Exile devs.

This way there is at least some consistency amongst servers.

The last guy who had that kind of attitude was Rocket, and his mod got completely shit on by Epoch until he was an irrelevant mess.  Sad!

If i join a new server ,i should buy every vehicle to find out there fuel consumption ,acceleration ,armor or whatever else they make configurable?????

Its not that bad to have some consistency.

Advertisement