Tobias Solem

Territories and gang wars

2 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this or something similar to this is already in the works, but it would be interesting if you could (for example) affiliate a group, with a gang, and merge together the bases of the gang members into a system of territorial control. Imagine for example that one of the groups on a server finds another group, they decide that they want to begin to "take over" a region of the map, and thus both of their bases now "claim" a region of the map. Within a region, your gang could (for example) get bonuses (similar to bonuses from defending a base) but also do things that you could not do unless you belonged to a gang. 

Now, this becomes especially interesting if you actually display this territorial control on a map, so you could see for example what gang controls what part of the map. Base raiding would not just be something you did to steal assets, but it would actually be a part of territorial control. 

I realize this perhaps isn't the most original of ideas, but it would be cool to have it in Exile nonetheless, and it fits with the theme.

The clan system is currently in the development process. I personally think that the type or territorial control you're talking about does not work well with exile, because players are usually lone wolf and groups are usually <10 players. Capture the island missions work well when you have a group of 30 or more people working together for a common objective but in exile that level of cooperation is not achieved often, if ever.

Advertisement