speedweasel

Persistent goods trader

4 posts in this topic

It would be great to have a trader that sells only the rare items that players find.

My server has the loot tables tuned so that powerful items are very rare.  Laser Designators, DLC optics, sniper rifles and explosives are all around 1:5000 chance.  Players already trade these goods among themselves (those that trust each other) but it would be great to have a trader that sells this rare gear on behalf of the owner.

Players could set their asking price and the trader could keep the goods in escrow until they are sold.  Obviously all the gear in this store would have to be persistent (saved to the database) so it survives reboots but this would be a great way for players to sell their rare gear without that gear disappearing from the server economy.

I know I would prefer not to send my 3rd Night Stalker into digital oblivion, especially if someone else is prepared to pay a premium for it.

• Like 2

Advertisement

Hi, it's a gameplay changer idea, for the traders i would like add price calculation, each items sell can affect the selling/purchase price of this item. If the stock of an item is very big this item is cheap, else if the item is very rare this price is more expensive .If the safe zone have a limited stock of items (items sold by players) the players must move to other safe zone for sell items were the price is better  .

Yes i'm agree with you the script it self is no very hard to write it but this feature can works only if the players like this feature and play with it.

Advertisement