Sign in to follow this  
OrbDamu

Namalsk Background Noise

13 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if you guys here on the exile development team have the reigns when it comes to Namalsk development or not, but since I couldn't find any other forum to post this feedback, I thought I'd do it hear to see what other people thought. First off, I think Namalsk is a great map. While it is a bit to small for my liking, most of the other features are wonderful. However, I have an issue with the background noise that's screaming in your ears 100% of the time you're playing on the map. If you want to have any chance of hearing a player or a shot (at least with the headphones I'm using - Logitech G930 Wire headset with 7.1 Surround Sound), you'd have to have your earplugs in at all times just to drown out the background noise. Then, with them in, you can't hear nearly as well as you ought to be hearing. At this point myself and the few others I play with cannot play on the map because of this background. Is anyone else finding that the Namalsk background noise is just a bit too unbearable?

Advertisement

I kind of like the atmosphere noises. Especially in the higher elevations, allows me to sneak up ladders and quietly take out those pesky snipers since they cant hear the footsteps as good ;) 

22 hours ago, OrbDamu said:

I'm not sure if you guys here on the exile development team have the reigns when it comes to Namalsk development or not, but since I couldn't find any other forum to post this feedback, I thought I'd do it hear to see what other people thought. First off, I think Namalsk is a great map. While it is a bit to small for my liking, most of the other features are wonderful. However, I have an issue with the background noise that's screaming in your ears 100% of the time you're playing on the map. If you want to have any chance of hearing a player or a shot (at least with the headphones I'm using - Logitech G930 Wire headset with 7.1 Surround Sound), you'd have to have your earplugs in at all times just to drown out the background noise. Then, with them in, you can't hear nearly as well as you ought to be hearing. At this point myself and the few others I play with cannot play on the map because of this background. Is anyone else finding that the Namalsk background noise is just a bit too unbearable?

You must have not played Namalsk on Arma 2 I'm assuming?    It's nostalgia.  It's been the same since day one back in 2012.  I for one would not feel the same about the map if these sounds were decreased or removed.   You gotta deal just like everyone else.  Differentiate the fake walking sounds to whats real.  This is what makes Namalsk great and why it's considered a hardcore map within the community.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2016 at 7:13 PM, Genome said:

You must have not played Namalsk on Arma 2 I'm assuming?    It's nostalgia.  It's been the same since day one back in 2012.  I for one would not feel the same about the map if these sounds were decreased or removed.   You gotta deal just like everyone else.  Differentiate the fake walking sounds to whats real.  This is what makes Namalsk great and why it's considered a hardcore map within the community.

No never played it on Arma 2 I was a Chernarus guy for life. And to make myself more clear, I'm not saying remove the background noise. I like the background noises. I'm saying that they're basically the same volume as every other sound effect in the map. I can barely differentiate between vehicles, gunshots and other SFX. I'm not sure what type of audio output devices you're working with, but this headset I'm using picks up on everything and blasts it out 128 channels.

I would have to agree the background noise is so bad I found that I have to constantly wear the earplugs in game for my character as it so loud  which basically makes me unable to distinguish any of the sounds at all.

I love the background noises but listening to that for hours on end was giving me a head ache, so with regret has caused myself to turn away from Namalsk and play different maps. 

1 hour ago, MrWhite said:

The Namalsk Background noise is awesome. It is coming with Namalsk because it was in A2 Namalsk as well. We wont remove that ;)

Wasn't asking to have them removed. We we suggesting that they be lowered slightly. Maybe have the option for them to be lowered. Just a suggestion. As Jk mentioned, I don't play the map anymore because of it.

Its not that I want it remove it its that if you have decent surround sound headphones the sound is annoyingly high and that I have to wear the character ear buds in game constantly, which I don't think is right.

Advertisement