Razor77

Update

31 posts in this topic

Hi, I am still new to the running of a server and its a slow learning curve :)  I have just started to get used to sorting problems out etc but.........now we have an update.

This is the first time I have had to update the server, Im sure its very easy to most people but I have a fear of messing everything up.

Could anybody show me where there are intructions for doing updates please.  I am not changing the map or anything else, just want to update to the new version and keep my original missions.

Many thanks Razor

• Like 1

I'm with you on this one, finally have my server in the right place in the way of addons etc and players, last thing I want is loads of downtown etc.

a guide on how to install the update while keeping added bits and database would be very helpful.

My server is rented through a provider company if that makes a difference.

Kappa.

• Like 2

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Kappa Slappa said:

I'm with you on this one, finally have my server in the right place in the way of addons etc and players, last thing I want is loads of downtown etc.

a guide on how to install the update while keeping added bits and database would be very helpful.

My server is rented through a provider company if that makes a difference.

Kappa.

yeah mines rented too/ I have tried to install it on a test server that i have setup on my pc, and have already messed that one up :D 

Ditto guys.

I'm a bit disappointed in there not being any instructions. It's always assumed everyone knows what they're doing.

Everyone seems to have updated their client, and no one can connect until I have updated our server. The host,
Havoc Hosting, said they do not give support for mods, so they're no help.

They said, I should delete the mod from the server, reinstall it, and reformat and redo the database also.

In other words, "start from scratch". I didn't see anywhere, where the developers of the mod give instructions,
nor do they say if a server wipe is required, and if not, how to install it over the existing.

Dead in the water for now.

Someone, please chime in. Hopefully this won't be one of those posts you read 9 months from now, with no responses, or solutions.

:(

• Like 2

You can use a SQL program to backup your database with your configurations for database. Just incase  you're forced to do a full reformat.

Edited by Zippy

@Razor77 & Anyone else who needs help:

Admin Info

• If you want coast spawning, remove all spawn zone markers from the mission sqm. Can also be combined with parachuting. 
  • Run the upgrade SQL script
  • No wipe required
  • Be aware that the loot and trader system has changed. You need to review your settings!
  • Merge extdb-conf.ini
  • Replace exile.ini
  • Replace exile_server.pbo
  • Merge loot tables (if you like to)
  • Replace @Exile
  • Replace key
  • Use new BattlEye filters

Feel free to PM me if you need help!

-Arnie

www.ArmaholicsAnonymous.com

• Like 1

Is it sometimes quicker and easier to do a full new install then just reload a backed up database, instead of adding new the idd new folder and files?

I have also noticed the trade forum this morning that has been linked on here, that looks more work to do :)

I don't have any confidence it what I'm about to do this evening :D

Right now I'm copying the whole Arma root to my pc using FTP, then I'm gonna ATTEMPT the update process =]

Might even message Arnie, get some advice of him.

Lets not do this alone lads =]

Kappa

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5niper said:

Too late. I got impatient. O.o

Wiped everything. Starting from scratch.

I think that's what I will end up doing, and then hopefully upload database back up.........it's sounds so easy when I write it :D  

Advertisement