132 posts in this topic

Arma 3: Exile Mod: Vehicle Protection System by ynpmoose of ZeroSurvival.com

Discontinued for Exile 1.0.4 "Pineapple" - 14Mar2018 (this script is now pointless with Virtual Garage)
Updated for Exile 1.0.3 "Lemon" - 05Jul2017
Updated for Exile 1.0.1 "Sweet Potato" - 31Aug2016 (no changes required for 1.0.2)
Updated for Exile 0.9.8 "Kiwi" - 29Jun2016 (ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_unlockVehicleRequest.sqf also removed because it never actually did anything.)
Updated again 06Jul2016 - To try to fix vehicles not saving to db reliably.
07Jul2016 - Verified that no changes were required for Exile 1.0 "Potato"

Updated for Exile 0.9.6 "Pomelo" - 07Mar2016

This is a collection of script changes for the Exile Mod for Arma 3.This was built off of a basic protection script created by NoKturnal Gaming Community (NGC) that was posted to the exile.majormittens.co.uk forums by @gmctyphoon92. Their base scripts made vehicles invincible on restart until unlocked by a player with the code. http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/topic/8873-disappearing-vehicles-on-restarts/?do=findComment&comment=58814

Vehicle Protection System Features:

• Persistent vehicles are invincible on server restart, but only if they are locked in a territory where the vehicle owner has build permissions.
  • Any vehicles (locked or unlocked) left in the wild can be destroyed.
  • When a player logs in, all owned vehicles are vulnerable until restart.
  • If a friend with the code uses one of your vehicles, that specific vehicle is vulnerable until restart.
  • Vehicles in Trader Zones are unlocked on restart per Exile default.

Installation instructions:
These instructions assume that there are no other scripts modified in your base Exile installation. If there are other changes that touch the same .SQF files, you will need to manually merge the changes.
All the code for the Vehicle Protection System is clearly wrapped in comments to make it easy to find.

• Download the files from http://github.com/ynpmoose/A3ExileVPS
  • Shutdown the A3Exile Server Down and locate you Mission PBO (Example: \Exile Server\@ExileServer-0.9.41\Arma 3 Server\mpmissions\Exile.Altis.pbo)
  • Extract PBO files using PBO Manager
  • Edit config.cpp using something like Notepad++
  • Locate the class CfgExileCustomCode and add your overrides, something like this:

class CfgExileCustomCode
                  {
                  /*
                      You can overwrite every single file of our code without touching it.
                      To do that, add the function name you want to overwrite plus the 
                      path to your custom file here. If you wonder how this works, have a
                      look at our bootstrap/fn_preInit.sqf function.

Simply add the following scheme here:

<Function Name of Exile> = "<New File Name>";

Example:

ExileClient_util_fusRoDah = "myaddon\myfunction.sqf";
                  */
                  //Vehicle Protection System
                  ExileServer_object_player_database_load = "overrides\ExileServer_object_player_database_load.sqf";
                  ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load = "overrides\ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load.sqf";
                  ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_update = "overrides\ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_update.sqf";
                  };

• Create a folder in your mission called 'overrides'
  • Copy the .SQF files from the downloaded zip in this overrides folder
  • Use PBO Manager to repack your PBO
  • Restart the Exile Server
Edited by ynpMOOSE
Updated for Exile 1.0.4
  • Like 12

42 minutes ago, Taylor Swift (Mezo) said:

This can all be done by scripting? why does it need to be a mod?

I guess it is technically scripts. I've changed the wording.

Thanks.

Edited by ynpMOOSE

Advertisement
1 hour ago, NeverAgain said:

Is it possible to edit script to get vulnerable vehicles in wild and unvulnerable (locked) vehicles in the range of owner territory?

Can you please clarify your question? I think my script already does what you are asking, but I am not sure. I just modified this statement above to clarify the script's current functionality.

"Any vehicles (locked or unlocked) left in the wild can be destroyed."

14 minutes ago, GR8 said:

So this will fix the potential blowing up of vehicles in bases after restart?

It seems to have improved this situation considerably on our server, ever since we installed just the original NGC script.

Edited by ynpMOOSE

5 minutes ago, ynpMOOSE said:

It seems to have improved this situation considerably on our server.

Cool, Good to know.

20 hours ago, ynpMOOSE said:

Can you please clarify your question? I think my script already does what you are asking, but I am not sure. I just modified this statement above to clarify the script's current functionality.

"Any vehicles (locked or unlocked) left in the wild can be destroyed."

Ok thnx

1. But,how to change a locked vehicle in the territory did not go to destroy when the player is on Server?

and

2. I need if a player unlocks the vehicle in the territory then it is destroy

Edited by NeverAgain

50 minutes ago, NeverAgain said:

Ok thnx

1. But,how to change a locked vehicle in the territory did not go to destroy when the player is on Server?

and

2. I need if a player unlocks the vehicle in the territory then it is destroy

I think I maybe understand what you are asking. Maybe...

Do not use  the ExileServer_object_player_database_load.sqf from my files on your server. If you do not use this file, but use the rest of my files, your server will work like this:

• Persistent vehicles are invincible on server restart, but only if they are locked in a territory where the vehicle owner has build permissions.
  • Any vehicles (locked or unlocked) left in the wild can be destroyed.
  • If a player or a friend with the code uses one of your vehicles, that specific vehicle is vulnerable until restart. The rest of your vehicles in your territory are still safe.
  • Vehicles in Trader Zones are unlocked on restart per Exile default.
  • Like 1

Advertisement