Sign in to follow this  
oversoul

A few remarks from the 135hrs POV

4 posts in this topic

I've got about 135hrs on record, and here are a few observations:

- requirement of a can opener. Seems kind of dumb, or superfluous, do die of hunger while holding a can of tuna, considering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y

- stacking of wood. The deliberate or accidental feature of single pieces of wood scattered over a dozen square meters after chopping a tree is poor.

- roadmap. IMO, it was a poor choice to pursue a Namalsk upgrade, cold weather effects, radiation effects, and other features when the base building feature and snapping are still very crude. Limited parts, limited functionality, limited snap options, and so on should be a higher priority than a new 5v5 or 10v10 PVP map with limited loot and limited size.

However, I am having a fun time. These are the three negatives that stick out the most.

Regards.

On 2/18/2016 at 9:22 AM, oversoul said:

I've got about 135hrs on record, and here are a few observations:

- requirement of a can opener. Seems kind of dumb, or superfluous, do die of hunger while holding a can of tuna, considering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y

- stacking of wood. The deliberate or accidental feature of single pieces of wood scattered over a dozen square meters after chopping a tree is poor.

- roadmap. IMO, it was a poor choice to pursue a Namalsk upgrade, cold weather effects, radiation effects, and other features when the base building feature and snapping are still very crude.

Ok so the team that was/is working in Namalsk is separate from the Dev team.

And about the cold and other effects that they added... those will be able to be used on any map and configurable. This adds in more immersion and more stuff to look out for rather than "OMG I don't have a can opener". With these enabled it can make you think about what to bring with you so you're prepared for it.

Just my thoughts on it.

Advertisement

i agree with the can opener, not only can you open a can without one IRL, most cans are ring pull and by 2035 or what ever year it is you would think all cans would be ring pull!!

The rest don't matter as most servers are pure pvp, loot, kill or die, repeat

Edited by Sgt Smash

I kind of like the need of a can opener, you can buy one in the safe zone if you cannot find one but there are other options to eat as well, but I can see your point when I started playing this mod you did not need a can opener. As for Namalsk I think the more maps the better, and if you add more immersion it makes for a better game (up to a point).

Edited by Freaknastii
needed more

Advertisement