donniepcgames

Do we need health, hunger and food on the central bar?

20 posts in this topic

The central bar at the bottom of most Exile servers have various things, such as hunger, thirst, health, etc. Since there is an icon to the left that can be switched with the grave key showing these same three items, why do most Exile servers I have seen have this displayed twice?

Three times if you consider that all that info is available on your tablet.

I'm not sure if this is an Exile mod issue or if most of the servers are just modding this information in. I'm just the kind of player who prefers to have as clear of a screen as possible. I also broadcast on twitch fairly regularly and do not like just anyone seeing all of the information displayed.

Advertisement
26 minutes ago, CEN said:

Because most servers just use the same script everyone else is using and they don't know how to modify it :)

sounds like you DO know how to remove the default health/hunger/thirst ?

most people like the icons but cant remove the defaults so they have both

9 minutes ago, ShootingBlanks said:

sounds like you DO know how to remove the default health/hunger/thirst ?

most people like the icons but cant remove the defaults so they have both

Yes it is easy to remove them :)

35 minutes ago, CEN said:

Yes it is easy to remove them :)

and can you enlighten us, or point to the howto post?  i didnt delve into it too deep, but didnt win.  i have visited a handfull of servers and none of them had the defaults removed either.

personally, i think think i will keep the defaults .. just havent decided what to replace the statusbar icons with.

3 hours ago, ShootingBlanks said:

and can you enlighten us, or point to the howto post?  i didnt delve into it too deep, but didnt win.  i have visited a handfull of servers and none of them had the defaults removed either.

personally, i think think i will keep the defaults .. just havent decided what to replace the statusbar icons with.

Post the script you use and I'll be happy too.

11 hours ago, ShootingBlanks said:

https://github.com/CRE4MPIE/StatusBar

so we are on the same page here: people want to remove the standard exile  hunger/thirst, not remove them from the statusbar 

I really like the standard hunger thirst indicator on the bottom left corner where I can hit the grave key and switch between health and hunger/thirst.

I strongly dislike the central bar at the bottom of the screen that lists several things, including pop tab total, respect levels, hunger, thirst, health, and in some cases bearing position, time left before server reset, FPS counter, etc. Just too much information on the screen for my liking. I'm completely fine with the small indicator on the bottom left corner giving me the basics. As far as I'm concerned everything else should be provided by looking at your tablet. There's no reason why I need to know exactly how many pop tabs or how much respect I have at all times, if I can quickly obtain that info by pushing 6.

i agree. myself, i like athe standard and would use the statusbar for something else ...,not sure what though.  but the majority of server admins who use the statusbar icons would probably prefer the sexy icons .. removing the default display is beneficial

Advertisement