Better Pin System?

Should this be added/fixed?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added/fixed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Explain in comments.)

10 posts in this topic

I feel that, having alot of Safes and Vehicles, entering pins everytime becomes repetitive and annoying.

I would love to see a system where I can just Pin&Forget, meaning, If I enter the pin once, it will just automatically input it for me the next time/not require a pin at all (a sort of remember system), until the pin is changed, which flushes the remember system. (Like when a Safe pin is changed, anyone in the remember list will be required to input new pin once.)

This could be a user / server setting, in user terms, some might want to input it every time to be sure that they actually locked or unlocked it, but I would just love to be able to see the notification that the lock is locked/unlocked, as it is after pin input.

EDIT: I realised now that this might should have been put in Suggestions, I apologize, but I do feel that this is a constructive criticism of sorts.

Sorry for messy thread.

- Sincerely, Simon

Edited by Khronos

Don't do that. it will reduce players laziness, they will stop putting same pin everywhere and stealing from good player (who uses many pins and put effort to be safer) won't difference from stealing from the lazy one. (who uses one).  Just leave it as it is. And actually it's more realistic when you spend some time to open closed doors or safes, than just instantly opening them like they are not closed. 

Edited by Silver
Post scriptum

Advertisement
15 minutes ago, Silver said:

Don't do that. it will reduce players laziness, they will stop putting same pin everywhere and stealing from good player (who uses many pins and put effort to be safer) won't difference from stealing from the lazy one. (who uses one).  Just leave it as it is. And actually it's more realistic when you spend some time to open closed doors or safes, than just instantly opening them like they are not closed. 

I somewhat get what you mean, but how would it affect stealing?

Btw, I found out you can use numpad to enter the code which made it alot easier.

13 minutes ago, Khronos said:

I somewhat get what you mean, but how would it affect stealing?

Btw, I found out you can use numpad to enter the code which made it alot easier.

It will give opportunity to lazy player to lock every lock with other pin rather then one universal. Then they won't different from good players anymore who use brain and effort to be safer.

It's easier to scan one code and steal with it than all codes separately. That is how it making stealing harder.

Edited by Silver
Post scriptum

I'd like to point out that you only need to enter a pin once per restart, and that the "lock/unlock" action can be bound to any key using "custom action 1" in the settings. Problem solved?

6 minutes ago, Silver said:

It will give opportunity to lazy player to lock every lock with other pin rather then one universal. Then they won't different from good players anymore who use brain and effort to be safer.

It's easier to scan one code and steal with it than all codes separately. That is how it making stealing harder.

Ahh I get what you mean now, and when I consider it, it would actually mess alot with that aspect.

After some consideration I would like to retract this suggestion as it would prove more negative than positive.

6 minutes ago, Nathan1506 said:

I'd like to point out that you only need to enter a pin once per restart, and that the "lock/unlock" action can be bound to any key using "custom action 1" in the settings. Problem solved?

Hmmm yeah, I'll need to change my config, any tip on a good Exile Config? (Already unbound space as it has proven fatal :S)

(Sorry for not using Multi-Quote)

5 minutes ago, Khronos said:

Hmmm yeah, I'll need to change my config, any tip on a good Exile Config? (Already unbound space as it has proven fatal :S)

(Sorry for not using Multi-Quote)

I have mine bound to "U" because thats what it is in most "life" servers.

7 minutes ago, Nathan1506 said:

That is what I do. One button push to toggle lock/unlock after initially entering the pin code once per server restart. It does not get any easier than that with the exception of leaving things unlocked all the time.

2 minutes ago, Snakeyes1 said:

That is what I do. One button push to toggle lock/unlock after initially entering the pin code once per server restart. It does not get any easier than that with the exception of leaving things unlocked all the time.

It's a fairly "unknown" feature among a lot of players, I don't even remember where I learned it from. Maybe changelogs.

Advertisement