Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Under floor snap point

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

I think that it would be good if there were points under a floor to snap things.

I sometimes like to build bases raised off the floor over the side of a hill, and I wanted to build a room underneath it. There aren't any  snap points below a floor to snap to though, like there are for above a floor

Thanks
Paul

• Like 1

So to build like this you do this. You place a floor or a  wall where you want it. Now you snap the wall to what ever you have placed "On top of it", and here comes the trick, you press dubble left alt, dubble 6 (not on your keypad) and 1, now you use PgDn to line it up right in high and place. So you press (ALT, ALT, 6, 6 , 1) use PgUp or PgDn to line it up and boom. So Alt Alt gives you free look. 6 and 6 turns freeze mode on and off (so you can move around) and 1 activates free building mode I think. And don't move when you are doing this.

Advertisement

yeah... or add more snappoints, why can't you snap a wall under an already placed wall for example?

Also the snappoits need to be fixed, because if you build two walls by eachother and snap a floor on the top of one of them the snappoint for the next wall (above the flooritem) is higher than if you place it straight ontop of a wall. uhm hard to explain but the snappoints is on the 'outer layer' of the items, not in the middle of the item like it is in arma2.

• Like 1

I quite like being able to build walls on top of walls, or on top of floors which are on top of a wall though. It means that you can build 2 wall high garages without a gap in the middle.

Although there is always a workaround for building underneath, it would just be so much easier to have a snap point underneath instead.

• Like 2

On 2016-02-05 at 1:57 PM, Paul said:

I quite like being able to build walls on top of walls, or on top of floors which are on top of a wall though. It means that you can build 2 wall high garages without a gap in the middle.

Yeah, but it would be better if the floor's snappoint would be inside (in the middle) of the floor instead on the outer layers, that way 2 wall high woud be the same height as 2 walls with a floor in the middle.

I made a fast example...

walls.jpg

Same goes with the side of the walls... if you build your base with lots of 90degree turns it wont really fit together at the end, so the solution there is also to move the snappoints on the side of the walls so they build into eachother a bit.

Edited by Satariel
  • Like 1

Advertisement