Eichi

Car Keys and Locking

Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?  

1703 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?

• Yes
    • No

413 posts in this topic

Hey, inmates!

We have heard a couple of times that you guys want cars to be locked with physical key items instead of pin codes. Thus "combat locking" will not be a big problem anymore. If you frag the owner of a car, there is a good chance you can loot the keys for it.

We have evaluated this method and found a way to implement that into Exile. We were thinking about adding keys for cars and helicopters. For doors and safes, this will not change.

Now it is up to you. Please vote and show us what you prefer: Keys or pin codes. We will then review the result and decide if and when we can implement a proper system for this.

Thank you!

This poll will close on the 24th of January.

Edit: Before you suggest it: Adding this as a configurable option is not possible. Either car keys or pin codes :)

• Like 18

Advertisement

"Admin, I lost my keys!" incoming. We know that players will write this at some point. But this is the same as writing "Admin, I need water!".

You could implement an "admin car key service" for 10k pop tabs, Kappa :D

• Like 14

No keys.  That's just more objects for the server to have to keep track of.  As all we server owners know all too well, the more objects you put into the server, the fewer FPS you get.  And when servers are already struggling to stay above 15 FPS with over 7000+ objects, adding a few hundred more isn't a smart move.  

I still maintain that you should be able to "store" (read: display) pins in a player's XM8.  If a player is killed the killer can use their XM8 to "interface" and "download" the dead player's XM8 (with a percentage chance of success of course) and thereby gain a list of possible pins to try on various devices and doors.  This is a realistic mechanic that should be feasibly possible in Arma and does not require adding additional objects to the server environment.  

• Like 33

5 minutes ago, Darth_Rogue said:

No keys.  That's just more objects for the server to have to keep track of.  As all we server owners know all too well, the more objects you put into the server, the fewer FPS you get.  And when servers are already struggling to stay above 15 FPS with over 7000+ objects, adding a few hundred more isn't a smart move.  

I think you mistaking items with vehicles/constructions. This will not harm performance at all.

5 minutes ago, Darth_Rogue said:

I still maintain that you should be able to "store" (read: display) pins in a player's XM8.  If a player is killed the killer can use their XM8 to "interface" and "download" the dead player's XM8 (with a percentage chance of success of course) and thereby gain a list of possible pins to try on various devices and doors.  This is a realistic mechanic that should be feasibly possible in Arma and does not require adding additional objects to the server environment.  

This is not possible. The engine does not support linking an item to a player. There is no such thing as "Bobs XM8" :( 

• Like 1

Advertisement