Omen

Server only using 10% CPU, how do I make it work harder for better fps?

13 posts in this topic

My server is only using 10% CPU at most with 40 players online. There seems to be some minor lag, desync and low-ish FPS. Are there any settings I can adjust that will put my processors to use? I saw some settings in basic.cfg but I am not entirely sure what to change, if anything at all.

• Full dedicated
  • The system is Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
  • Intel Xeon X5650 (2 physical processors)
  • 12GB Ram
  • Just ran a speed test - Down: 77.20Mbps / Up: 80.40Mbps
  • Normal HDD (1TB)

Would love to hear ways to push this CPU a bit and squeeze out some more server side FPS.

Edit: My startup command -

start /min "Exile" /high "server/arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg" "-profiles=config_exile" -name=Exile "-servermod=@ExileServer;@FuMS;@A3XAI;" "-mod=@Exile;" -high -world=empty -nosplash -noSound -noPause -enableHT -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit -filePatching

Edited by Omen

Advertisement
3 hours ago, second_coming said:

You could give the server and 2 x HC 4 cores each  (1 HC for FuMS and 1 for A3XAI), I had it configured like that for Epoch previously

I have it set up for FuMS, it came with instructions on setting up HC for that AI system but I have no idea how to get it going for another AI system.

Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to set this up? I would like to learn and attempt to get this going but if I am unable to figure it out, are you able to teach me how to do this? 

5 hours ago, Goatboy said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters   Look at me :Z

Also if you are running any AI make them run in an HC 

I will check this out. Thanks.

Go into resource manager and just check your disk usage. On our servers if the host server has very high disk usage it ends up slowing down all the other servers but also reduces their CPU usage, pagefile has the habit of doing this. 

11 hours ago, Darth_Rogue said:

Also check your power settings in Control Panel and make sure your CPU is set to Maximum Performance.  It usually defaults to 10% unless it's under heavy load.  

Set to High Performance. My CPU is set to min and max 100% power.

xDad6iu.png

WEy9knl.png

33 minutes ago, QGS said:

Go into resource manager and just check your disk usage. On our servers if the host server has very high disk usage it ends up slowing down all the other servers but also reduces their CPU usage, pagefile has the habit of doing this. 

Here is my disk usage - 

xl85Snh.png

On 1/12/2016 at 0:23 PM, Omen said:

• Just ran a speed test - Down: 77.20Mbps / Up: 80.40Mbps
  •  

That's a little slow for a commercial host .. most are 1gb that I've seen .. I get better than that at home 113.12 mbps up and 103.5 down 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

On 1/15/2016 at 6:10 AM, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

That's a little slow for a commercial host .. most are 1gb that I've seen .. I get better than that at home 113.12 mbps up and 103.5 down 

most game server provider more likely have 100 up/down 

Advertisement