Squizzz

[SOLVED] Woodland uniform bug - it may hold 50% less damage to limbs

Question

We identified that this uniform may hold 50% less damage rather than default uniforms from vanilla arma3 (or as another option bullet can't hit you in your arm or leg!).Target may receive less than 50% damage even from APDS shot from 12.7 Lynx at distance ~500m during hit in arm or leg (you can test it on your servers).We have tested this on Exile server with installed RHS mode.

Please delete it ASAP cause it significantly change game balance.

Edited by Squizzz

15 answers to this question

Well, just tested ingame..and yes, the Bambi Overall is overpowered, too, combined with a Vest..

We've used a 5.56mm gun with an ammunition that causes 11.56 damage. I've used the V_PlateCarrier2_rgr vest (60 Armor) next to the Woodland Camo and the Bambi Overall and a Full Ghillie..Got shot from the exact same distance 4 times and healed myself after each try to 100%

1. shot: Vest and Woodland Camo - I took 3% damage (97% left)

2. shot: Vest only - I took 34% damage (66% left)

3. shot: Vest and Bambi Overall - I took 3% damage (97% left)

4. shot:  Vest and Full Ghillie - I took 12% damage (88% left)

Basically the complete damage handling is bullshit as I don't know a uniform IRL that reduced damage of a bullet..but anyway...they shouldn't reduce the damage even more than the ghillie as you can imagine what happens with a combination of the woodland camom, best plate carrier (204 armor) and best helmet with 12 armor...

I have made a test and compared the following:

Naked guy vs. worker overalls vs. default uniform (this is where our uniforms inherit from) vs. 5.56mm.

Result

• Naked guy can take one upper body, three arm shots and two leg shots.
  • Worker overalls can take one upper body, four arm shots and three in the legs.
  • Default uniform can take one upper body, 42 in the arms and 33 in the legs.

Conclusion

The default uniform is somewhat fucked up since 1.54. We will add our own values and stop using what is defined in Arma by default. We will also remove the amor values from items and vehicles, as they are completely useless since 1.54 too, as they are defined per hitpoint. Even if we would show armor per hitpoint, it is saying nothing, since there are explosion shielding, pass-through and other fancy number that are useless for the player.

• Like 1

Advertisement

Reported since it was introduced...hope it will be deleted or rebalanced..in the meantime we deleted it from our server as it's completely OP combined with vests...you only get 1-2% damage if you get shot by a 16 damage ammunition..

UPDATE player SET uniform = REPLACE(uniform, 'Exile_Uniform_Woodland', 'U_O_CombatUniform_ocamo') WHERE uniform LIKE '%Exile_Uniform_Woodland%';

Should work for replacing any player that currently has the uniform on.

Edited by CEN
  • Like 1

Advertisement