RetardMagnet

Bored with Exile...

99 posts in this topic

This topic is in NO way a rant towards the devs, who did and still are doing a great job!

Lately i'm really bored while playing Exile, i usually run around base for a while, loot a bit maybe, and that's it. I started Exile on PvP servers, but that got boring real fast due to the mindless deatchmatching around spawns, or clans having a huge advantage. So after about 200 hours of PvP i was done with that. Been playing PvE for about 400 hours now, and it is fun, but when you got a nice base, some vics and plenty of cash you're done to. Keep farming more stuff gets boring to, and when you got everything you need, why go out and get more. Switching between servers is fun for a couple of weeks, you get to loot up and build a base again, but then you reach "End game" again. I have to say i play mostly alone, so maybe being in a clan keeps it fun.

Due to Namalsk, where i'm so hyped for, i started playing A2:Epoch again.

Am i the only one feeling this way, and what do you guys do to fight the boredom?

• Like 2

startede to play and more hardcore server, 

edge-of-sanity.eu

the PVP have a more a2 feel to it, since most people only have 5.56 or 7.62 guns, now you can survive being shoot in the back if you have body armour.

Advertisement

I enjoy just being part of a decent sized group that is good and making 12 year olds rage in side chat.

2 hours ago, RetardMagnet said:

This topic is in NO way a rant towards the devs, who did and still are doing a great job!

Lately i'm really bored while playing Exile, i usually run around base for a while, loot a bit maybe, and that's it. I started Exile on PvP servers, but that got boring real fast due to the mindless deatchmatching around spawns, or clans having a huge advantage. So after about 200 hours of PvP i was done with that. Been playing PvE for about 400 hours now, and it is fun, but when you got a nice base, some vics and plenty of cash you're done to. Keep farming more stuff gets boring to, and when you got everything you need, why go out and get more. Switching between servers is fun for a couple of weeks, you get to loot up and build a base again, but then you reach "End game" again. I have to say i play mostly alone, so maybe being in a clan keeps it fun.

Am i the only one feeling this way, and what do you guys do to fight the boredom?

You might be looking for some more unique servers. I've seen servers where bases are actually not that hard to take down. If you want endgame i suggest joining them. I play solo when not busy and i do like to base raid groups. Ofcourse its hard but with a code scanner, mines and some IED's you will get far! A couple of weeks ago i waited for a group to leave their base, got in the first door with the codescanner and blew up a second one. Found unlocked vehicles and storage crates. As i was looting i heard them coming back and got away safely after killing one. After a min or two got a kill from a apres mine:). Needless to say they then changed their doorcodes hahaha

Its hard on your own but its fun when you succeed. I did in no way need the poptabs from the loot but taking it from them makes it worth!

I know exactly what you're talking about. Since I am playing A2 DayZ/Epoch A3 Epoch/Exile/Wasteland etc... I or we as a group eventually reached the point where you dont have any motivation anymore to continue playing the game. There's definitely a lack of longterm motivation such as leveling - hard to reach goals(rare items/complex base building). We as a group tried to add some rpg elements and it worked...

I have to agree - we have to find items/game elements/vehicles and stuff like that to improve the longterm motivation... until then - please feel free to post all your ideas in this forum or in the twitch chat while the guys are streaming!

I can tell you, that the devs are aware of this problem and we're happy about every suggestion!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RetardMagnet said:

I agree...

Maybe is problem in bases...if player have base,locked base,then can be in quite.(if is set indestructible) ,if isnt set indestruct,then is angry with him from destroying it becouse he cant be online 24/7/365....something in between will be the right way.

EDIT: I think player must be in permanent fear of equipment,more adrenalin...

Edited by bombajack
  • Like 1

Don't give up just yet.

My server is going to be coming live shortly. It does have the majority of the features you see advertised on other servers however we've put a lot of thought into the loot spawns and the prices of everything on the server... Put it this way... You can expect to see more people with handguns than a 5.56 assault rifle.

There's also going to be a KoS rule (with the exception of a PVP area and the missions) which should combat the majority of the clan BS on most servers.  There are also quite a lot of AI roaming around the map, on foot, in the air and using vehicles which gives you a bit more of a reward if you actually manage to kill them.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you're interested, I'm going to be looking for testers before we go live... I'd love to be able to give you another chance at Exile.

I think the biggest issue in terms of things getting stale long term are the safezone traders.  I'm standing up a server right now and there will be no safe zones and MAYBE a roaming trader or two which will not be marked on the map.  And I'll probably run a loot mod to make things more like DayZ.

The problem with Exile, long term, is that it's just way too easy to farm stuff, sell it, and buy oodles of equipment.  The devs should consider a more survival-oriented setting or something.

• Like 6

Advertisement