agentGoonie

tbbmalloc.dll

Question

What is the tbbmalloc.dll file that you include with the exile server downloads?  When I copied this over my existing tbbmalloc.dll I received a vcruntime140.dll error.  Thank you for all that you all do do do do do.

-Goonie

ps.  These are my start parameters:

D:\a3server\arma3server.exe -servermod=@ExileServer -mod=@Exile -port=2326 -config=D:\a3server\@ExileServer\Config.cfg -cfg=D:\a3server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -nosplash -nologs -noSound -noPause -enableHT -autoinit

Edited by agentGoonie

18 answers to this question

If you are having this issue then you need to download the latest C++ redstributable for visual basic (2015) from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Install this and you should be able to run the new tbmalloc, otherwise, use the older version of tbmalloc and you should be ok.

Don't trust 3rd party sites, download directly from microsoft.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, agentGoonie said:

What is the tbbmalloc.dll file that you include with the exile server downloads?  When I copied this over my existing tbbmalloc.dll I received a vcruntime140.dll error.  Thank you for all that you all do do do do do.

-Goonie

I have same trouble on our server....:/

Advertisement

Same issue here as well. I reverted to my old tbbmalloc dll file and I did not receive the error message. Will this have a negative impact on server performance? 

Defent, Its bad enough I want to hug you and give you a lap dance because of your awesome DMS Mission system.  Now I owe you another lap dance and a reach around for providing the solution to this.

Defent's solution works.

THANK YOU

I installed the 64bit and x86 versions.

-Goonie

Edited by agentGoonie

You may also need to check and see if the DLL has been blocked by Windows.  Those running Server 2012 should pay close attention especially.  Simply right click on the file and go to "Properties".  If it is blocked you will see an option near the bottom of the window to Unblock it.  

• Like 2

Even though I am using -malloc= xxx  I can't seem to get arma to us a different .dll. It always uses the TBB4. If I remove TBB4 windows manages the memory. Not concerned about it since the access_violations are plaguing everyone, still would like to know where I have gone wrong. 

On 12/15/2015 at 6:11 PM, bregan5 said:

Even though I am using -malloc= xxx  I can't seem to get arma to us a different .dll. It always uses the TBB4. If I remove TBB4 windows manages the memory. Not concerned about it since the access_violations are plaguing everyone, still would like to know where I have gone wrong. 

I was thinking the same thing.
Have you fixed your access_violations or found a solution for them?

Advertisement