Sign in to follow this  
Hazard

Help adding UGV's to Server

16 posts in this topic

Hi There, 

I have manage to add the UGV to my traders through the config.cpp. I can buy the vehicle and connect to it through a UAV terminal BUT... when i open the UAV terminal it will not let me select control driver even though i can see the camera view inside the box so i know it is connected.

anyone know how i can get this working?

Edited by Hazard

Advertisement
look @ that topic http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/topic/530-buy-taru-pods/?page=1

its for taru pods, but you must change the classnames & it should work

Yeah I have tried this to no success, still have the same issue, here is my purchasevehicleresponse.sqf and still cant get the bloody thing working. Taru pods work but not the UGV control driver.

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * exile.majormittens.co.uk
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 *FILENAME ExileClient_system_trading_network_purchaseVehicleResponse.sqf
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

private["_responseCode","_vehicleNetID","_newPlayerMoneyString","_vehicleObject","_newPlayerMoney","_salesPrice"];
_responseCode = _this select 0;
_vehicleNetID = _this select 1;
_newPlayerMoneyString = _this select 2;
if (_responseCode isEqualTo 0) then
{
    _vehicleObject = objectFromNetId _vehicleNetID;
    _newPlayerMoney = parseNumber _newPlayerMoneyString;
    _salesPrice = ExileClientPlayerMoney - _newPlayerMoney;
    ExileClientPlayerMoney = _newPlayerMoney;
    if (!((_vehicleObject isKindof "Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof 
	"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof      "Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof 
	"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof "Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof 
	"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof "Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof 
	"B_UGV_01_F") or (_vehicleObject isKindof "B_UGV_01_F"))) then 
	{
	player moveInDriver _vehicleObject;
    };
    ["VehiclePurchasedInformation", [_salesPrice * -1]] call ExileClient_gui_notification_event_addNotification;
}
else
{
    systemChat format["Failed to purchase vehicle: %1", _responseCode];
Edited by Hazard

im not exacly familiar with this as i didnt add them myself but i do remember a line of code i saw inside the ExileServer_object_vehicle_createPersistentVehicle.sqf which is:

if (_className isKindOf "I_UGV_01_F") then 
{
	createVehicleCrew _vehicleObject;
};

think thats your problem you need to add your UGVs there so they have a "crew" inside them and that line you added like the taru pods only prevent YOU from entering the driverseat upon purchasing vehicles which is a good thing since you dont want to end up in driverseat of a unmanned vehicle :D

im not exacly familiar with this as i didnt add them myself but i do remember a line of code i saw inside the ExileServer_object_vehicle_createPersistentVehicle.sqf which is:

{
};

think thats your problem you need to add your UGVs there so they have a "crew" inside them and that line you added like the taru pods only prevent YOU from entering the driverseat upon purchasing vehicles which is a good thing since you dont want to end up in driverseat of a unmanned vehicle :D

I added this also but do i just add this to my mpmission folder and call it from my config.cpp in the customcode because i just edited it in my exile_server. 

Code looks like this:

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * exile.majormittens.co.uk
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

private["_className","_position","_direction","_usePositionATL","_pinCode","_vehicleObject"];
_className = _this select 0;
_position = _this select 1;
_direction = _this select 2;
_usePositionATL = _this select 3;
_pinCode = _this select 4;
_vehicleObject = createVehicle [_className, _position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

//Let's remove missiles!
_vehicleObject removeWeaponTurret ["missiles_DAR",[-1]];
_vehicleObject removeWeaponTurret ["missiles_DAGR",[-1]];

//Let's remove thermal from Tanks / Helis!
_vehicleObject disableTIEquipment true;

clearBackpackCargoGlobal _vehicleObject;
clearItemCargoGlobal _vehicleObject;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _vehicleObject;
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _vehicleObject;
{
};
_position set[2, (_position select 2) + 0.25]; 
_vehicleObject setDir _direction;		
if (_usePositionATL) then
{
	_vehicleObject setPosATL _position;
}
else 
{
	_vehicleObject setPosASL _position;
};
_vehicleObject setVariable ["ExileIsPersistent", true];
_vehicleObject setVariable ["ExileAccessCode",_pinCode];
_vehicleObject addEventHandler ["GetOut", { _this call ExileServer_object_vehicle_event_onGetOut}];
_vehicleObject addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled", { _this call ExileServer_object_vehicle_event_onMPKilled}];
_vehicleObject call ExileServer_system_simulationMonitor_addVehicle;
_vehicleObject

Edited by Hazard

both ways work either MPmission or serverfiles but if you add it in serverfiles you need to remind the changes you did there on each exileserver update but you didnt add your B_UGV_01_F to that code aaand its outdated firstoff compare your file with the newest exileserver files then add your vehicle like this:

{
};
if (_className isKindOf "B_UGV_01_F") then 
{
};
Edited by «KeXtu»

both ways work either MPmission or serverfiles but if you add it in serverfiles you need to remind the changes you did there on each exileserver update but you didnt add your B_UGV_01_F to that code aaand its outdated firstoff compare your file with the newest exileserver files then add your vehicle like this:

{
};
if (_className isKindOf "B_UGV_01_F") then 
{
};

I have tried all the above now and it seems to have made it worse, you cannot enter the vehicle, unlock the vehicle and connect through a UAV terminal now.

I updated my exile_server also.

Checked over everything and still nothing :'(

Edited by Hazard

On 5/31/2016 at 8:01 AM, Ϯ Ϡ(LB)ƞâZĨ̚Ϡ Ϯ said:

Ok so when i try to play arma 3 and launch it on A3 launcher and then there is a Error saying addon AIA core addons air gamma UAV 01 what do i do i need help please 

That has absolutely nothing to do with this topic in which the author asked 8 months ago, how to enable driver view in UAG's.

Anyway, that is an error you will get when playing on servers using All in Arma. This is due to the latest Arma 3 update. Only way to fix that is for server admins to switch to CUP Terrains.

Advertisement