Sign in to follow this  
SwissArmy1984

Why do some maps create an error of 'No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.XXXX'?

3 posts in this topic

So, I'm not finding a satisfactory answer so far.  I've been simply testing a number of maps to see how they would load into an Exile server.  Many maps load without any significant problem.  However, a few generate the following error message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds. XXXX

Where 'XXXX' would be the map name.  Two maps, as examples, that are causing this error are Montella and South Asia.

I'm using Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST) to start the server.  I'm not loading any other mods but Exile, Exileserver, and each map in question (plus any required mods that the map uses such as CUP Terrains Core and/or others) each time I start up a server.

Anyone have a complete explanation as to why some maps work and why some generate this error?  Does this config.bin file have to be somewhere with the map files?  Or is this somewhere else?

Edited by SwissArmy1984

Hello @SwissArmy1984,

First off, USE GOOGLE!  You will find 'answers' to this problem!  Some the returns even POINT TO THIS SITE!!!  Did you even search THIS site?  :(

Also, what does this text say about the 'Montella' map?

The mod is not completed and it does not represent a finished product, it still is a Work In Progress. 

See:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562904329

What does the AUTHOR say about the 'South Asia' map?

ANZACSAS Steven  [author] Apr 26 @ 7:05am 

@yawnymann ,
Totally agree.We can only hope.:)I did have an idea about the water.IF we can edit the satmap and change the water texture area to dry desert riverbed.Dont know if its possible though.

See:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1571581816

Or this:

Not compatible with CUP Terrains only.CUP has all these addons in code form only, making it conflict with this real one.
May have to get on to the CUP team regarding further development.This terrain is standalone

Or this:

Objects in 3d editor are only partially supported.

THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY/COMPLETELY EDIT A MAP!  Granted they know more than I do!  ;)

And I really do not know why you're even wasting your time on these 2 maps.  Montella is UNFINISHED AND IS UNPLAYABLE as an Exile map due to this.  I have this map and NO UPDATES IN MONTHS.  What IS done, IS nice though (minus the roads).

'South Asia'?  It is a POS map!  I flew this map in TOH - A ROYAL POS!  And this 'conversion' is NO BETTER!

So, did it ever occur to you that this error JUST MIGHT be from using unfinished maps as well as using maps made by people who don't know 100% what they are doing?  Did that ever cross you mind?  ;)

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

@Z80CPU - thank you but your comments don't answer my question.  I've probably been using Google longer than you've been around.  Been there, done that.  No valid and complete explanations found. 

You've not answered anything.  You haven't indicated what is the origin of the error coming up, what is need in the files and where.  I only used these two maps as examples, but I'm getting it on other maps too.  I've tried over 15 maps and get the error elsewhere too.

Edited by SwissArmy1984
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement