Sign in to follow this  
Mananator

Opening Default Exile Mission in Editor (Empty: no Traders)

Question

I figured out how to open the default exile mission.sqm file in the Eden editor and was using the 3den plugin, but when I load the mission.sqm file the map has all the zone markers, spawn locations, etc. but the traders and added in buildings do not seem to be there. Am I by chance opening them the wrong way if I am loading the mission.sqm file from the Eden editor? Please let me know if any additional details might help troubleshoot the issue. I appreciate any help.

4 answers to this question

Building objects and Trader NPCs are not saved to the mission.sqm for Exile and are loaded in through an SQF file.

• Like 1

Hello @Mananator,

In your mission folder, BY DEFAULT, you will see two files:

InitPlayerLocal.Sqf and InitServer.Sqf.  These are the 2 files where you add EVERYTHING that you want on the map.

Do your research, as this question HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE and the tools you need to do this are mentioned as well as there being a video on the use of one of the tools (at 1 time).

;)

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thanks for the help! I have watched quite a few videos and I am a bit confused as to why their vendors appear when editing exile when they only open up the mission.sqm file. Every video I have watched that is the case, or they are opening the mission.sqm file and don't really touch on existing things such as traders. Can you point me to the videos you might be referring to? I'm not sure if the ones I am watching are outdated.

Edited by Mananator

Advertisement