Sign in to follow this  
KeonDisaster

Stucks on the ground and some beginner questions

Question

Hey guys,

i got some little bugs on my first try of a own little exile server and wanna figure out what it is and how to resolve it. Eventually u can help me and give me tipps or tricks. Heres just a list of my problems/questions:

• We have the map Tanoa and wanna change to Altis - what did we need to do? If i change the template to Exile.Altis i stuck in ground when i try to join to the server and cant Press ESC, see around or something else. If i gotta Tanoa again, all is working again.
  • Sometimes i stuck on the streets from nothing, getting hitted - sometimes i die. What de hell?
  • I wanna add the following mods - did i need to do more on any mod for first run then copy keys and modfolders and adding the mods to the -mods= parameter? (@ace;@ACEX;@Ai_accuracy_fix;@CBA_A3,@Enhanced_Movement;@Enhanced_Soundscape;@Extended_Base_Mod;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@RadioAnimationsforTFAR;@task_force_radio;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedTowing;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;)
  • Some things not sellable on the markets - how can i add a item to the sellable items with a price?
  • How i can add Vehicles, Jets, Vehicles, Tanks to the Stores with prices?
  • How can i adjust the maximum amount of pods in the locker and the maximum storage?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

7 answers to this question

Hello @KeonDisaster,

Every one of your questions can be found on this site.  I am not going to 're-write' which you can already find nor do I expect some other poster to do such.  ;)

I will tell you this, you can NOT 'switch' maps and have it work.  It will NEVER WORK.  Have you even looked at the contents of the DB?  You should have by now!  ;)

It stores COORDINATES FOR TANOA, NOT ALTIS!  While you could change SOME coordinates to work, you can not change ALL.  In other words, to change maps = new DB - PERIOD.

If you log in and see trees, you have a DB issue - Research that error on this site.

Dying for no reason?  I truly doubt that.  Sickness sounds like the case.  Check your player stats and mods for this.

And a 'quick test' I use for where mods are loaded, UNLESS the mod author says otherwise, my test is this:

Is this mod that every player will SEE or USE (like a vehicle mod) -  SERVER SIDE AND PLAYER SIDE

Is this something that affects the AI like VCOM? - SERVER SIDE

Is this a 'cosmetic' thing like JSRS sound mod? - PLAYER SIDE

How to add/remove stuff from the Traders?  You guessed it!  It is here on this site!

Again, all that you seek is here on this site, please search!

:)

20 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

I will tell you this, you can NOT 'switch' maps and have it work.  It will NEVER WORK.  Have you even looked at the contents of the DB?  You should have by now!  ;)

It stores COORDINATES FOR TANOA, NOT ALTIS!  While you could change SOME coordinates to work, you can not change ALL.  In other words, to change maps = new DB - PERIOD.

If you log in and see trees, you have a DB issue - Research that error on this site.

First - i know how to install mods - i'm just asking if an mod of the posted ones are "default" incompatible and need some extra config to work proberly with exile.

Second - I reinstalled the database complete after changing from Tanoa to Altis (yes, fully drop database and new creation with sql file) so ne problem eventually in the mission? Cauz after Altis not working with a full fresh database, Tanoa does every time i recreate the database and the whole content.

Third - i'm not dying for no reason. I just drive with my car on Tanoa Street and from the first to the other second the car stucks from much miles per hour to zero. Like i crash to a wall, where no wall is. U know? Just driving, normal street, nothing on it...The car behave like crashing to a wall. Thats not rlly funny and i dont think its just sickness - cauz some of my friends happening the same and they exile veterans.

mods working - i think - fine for the first. Just need to change from exile health system to ace system.

Advertisement
23 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

but you can ;D

@Keon Disaster I will just repeat what I was seeing as a response to similar questions, both here and on Discord:

1. make sure your server works only with Exile mod
  2. make a backup
  3. add one mod or script and make sure it works properly
  4. make a backup
  5. add another mod or script and make sure it works properly
  6. make a backup
  7. repeat steps 5. and 6. as many times as needed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is impossible to change map with existing mods and scripts, but if you are not armed with lots of experience and know exactly what, and where, and why, this will be much faster and safe method, that will save you a lot of headbangin on your keyboard.

If you run on a problematic mod, or something is messed up in the process (and it happens to the best too) you can always restore previous backup and try again without repeating the process.

Never used Ace, but I heard it needs modules to be added to mission, beyond that I will let more experienced folks to give you advice.

Hitting invisible wall, never had such an experience, but it definitely does not sound right.

I have rebuild my server many times over (and several others), and am hunting errors since I started, so I am telling you that sometimes it is much easier and faster to rebuild than to chase an unknown error.

Good luck.

;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@KeonDisaster -

#1 - When and where did I state you did not know how to install mods?  And no, you do NOT know how to install mods!  You THINK you do!  The JSRS mod (and I even used this one in my example) DOES NOT GET INSTALLED PERIOD!  No, you do NOT know what you're doing.  And if you KNEW how to install mods as you claimed, why did you post this then "...did i need to do more..."?  Well?  If you KNEW how to install mods, that question would have NEVER BEEN ASKED!

#2 - Your Exile install is trashed/not set up properly - Delete EVERYTHING, read and FOLLOW a server setup, which you can find on here.  No one else has this problem including me.  You have some messed up files/configs.  Starting over is your best bet. 

Here is a GOOD starting point for you:

https://exile.majormittens.co.uk/topic/23188-guide-server-installupgrade-guide-104/

#3 - Hitting a wall?  Where was that tidbit of information listed in your original post?  Not to sound rude, if you're from the USA or UK, you need to turn off your computer and LEARN ENGLISH.  And I QUOTE "... getting hitted..."  Not only is that EXTREMELY POOR ENGLISH, it also means the WALL HIT YOUNOT YOU HITTING THE WALL!  By not using proper English makes this harder that it should be.  If YOU ARE HITTING SOMETHING, THERE IS SOMETHING THERE!  It is something YOU PUT THERE, either thru the editor and/or a mod.  Either way, it goes back to my points in #2.  ;)

If you refuse proper advice, follow directions, and do nothing but make excuses and deny what you know/do not know, then I nor anybody else can help you.

I have given you the tools to fix ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS!  And if I have missed something, you WILL FIND IT ON exile.majormittens.co.uk!

Good luck to you.

:)

@Brenner -

No, that mod does NOT work 100%.  Even they said so:  "player, vehicle, territories, construction, containers, and clan markers are unique to each map".

Oh yes, you CAN just 'do it', but you will find your base on Altis to be under 50m of water of Tanoa!.  You can NOT get around this.  Also, your base might get dumped on top of base belonging to someone else.  Or you spawn in and your 5k from land swimming in the ocean!

It ALMOST impossible to do this as the terrain is NOT the same nor is the actual land size (mass).  Just like you can NOT take a 'full' Altis map and dump it on Straits.  ;)

That aint happening.

It does sound nice and as I posted when he did, I have THOUGHT about it, I never DID IT, for the issues of land mass and terrain.  It can NOT be done!

Think about it...no, I really mean think about it.  Land mass and different terrains make this basically impossible.  You can NOT put 5 liters into an 1 liter bottle.  It makes NO DIFFERENCE the size or shape of the bottles.

Another example:

Tanoa can support 10 bases @ 100m = 1000m in land mass used

Altis has a land mass of 500m.  How are you (or anyone) going to squeeze 1000m of bases into a 500m map that ONLY supports 5 bases at 100m?  IT AINT HAPPENING!

Then you got elevation issues too!  Your base was level and flat, you go to the 'new' map, it is on a cliff with half of it overhanging with no floors!

That mod author left out all the 'dirty stuff' that you can not do as any GOOD advertiser would do!  :)

;)

Edited by Z80CPU

Spoiler

On 5/13/2019 at 10:02 PM, Z80CPU said:

@Brenner -

No, that mod does NOT work 100%.  Even they said so:  "player, vehicle, territories, construction, containers, and clan markers are unique to each map".

Oh yes, you CAN just 'do it', but you will find your base on Altis to be under 50m of water of Tanoa!.  You can NOT get around this.  Also, your base might get dumped on top of base belonging to someone else.  Or you spawn in and your 5k from land swimming in the ocean!

It ALMOST impossible to do this as the terrain is NOT the same nor is the actual land size (mass).  Just like you can NOT take a 'full' Altis map and dump it on Straits.  ;)

That aint happening.

It does sound nice and as I posted when he did, I have THOUGHT about it, I never DID IT, for the issues of land mass and terrain.  It can NOT be done!

Think about it...no, I really mean think about it.  Land mass and different terrains make this basically impossible.  You can NOT put 5 liters into an 1 liter bottle.  It makes NO DIFFERENCE the size or shape of the bottles.

Another example:

Tanoa can support 10 bases @ 100m = 1000m in land mass used

Altis has a land mass of 500m.  How are you (or anyone) going to squeeze 1000m of bases into a 500m map that ONLY supports 5 bases at 100m?  IT AINT HAPPENING!

Then you got elevation issues too!  Your base was level and flat, you go to the 'new' map, it is on a cliff with half of it overhanging with no floors!

That mod author left out all the 'dirty stuff' that you can not do as any GOOD advertiser would do!  :)

;)

Just as a reference to other people reading this, as we agreed over pm:

Spoiler

Quote:

The only thing that is not unique to specific map is account and clan, that means player score, clan info and locker money is shared among the maps used, everything else, like items, containers, base objects, vehicles, etc. stays on the map from which it originated, so there is no spawning in the corners, on weird locations or outside of the map.

If a player spawns for the first time on map B, and was playing previously on map A, he still spawns as bambi, but he has respect and kills he acquired from map A, along with the locker money.

Bases, safes, vehicles and gear he will still have to acquire on map B, and after he disconnects and connects back to map A, those items will stay on map B, and he will have his possessions from map A that he had there before he went to map B, minus the locker money he spent on map B (or plus if he got some while he stayed on map B), plus the respect he obtained while being there.

So the size difference between maps used does not matter at all, since no item is shared between maps except player score, clan info and locker money. ;)

Sorry for the OT :)

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

We have the map Tanoa and wanna change to Altis - what did we need to do? If i change the template to Exile.Altis i stuck in ground when i try to join to the server and cant Press ESC, see around or something else. If i gotta Tanoa again, all is working again.

Just got a fresh install with Altis - so done.

Sometimes i stuck on the streets from nothing, getting hitted - sometimes i die. What de hell?

We dont have this problems with Altis so done.

I wanna add the following mods - did i need to do more on any mod for first run then copy keys and modfolders and adding the mods to the -mods= parameter? (@ace;@ACEX;@Ai_accuracy_fix;@CBA_A3,@Enhanced_Movement;@Enhanced_Soundscape;@Extended_Base_Mod;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@RadioAnimationsforTFAR;@task_force_radio;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedTowing;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;)

Updated our first mods list from upper named ones to @CBA_A3;@Aiaccuracyfix;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedSlingLoading;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;@task_force_radio;@RadioAnimationsforTaskForceRadio;@JSRSSOUNDMOD;@Extended_Base_Mod; and all working fine from the first. So done.

Some things not sellable on the markets - how can i add a item to the sellable items with a price?

Is it correct that I have to insert this simply with the variable name in the main config of the map with appropriate price in the appropriate section?

How i can add Vehicles, Jets, Vehicles, Tanks to the Stores with prices?

Not done, but found here:

How can i adjust the maximum amount of pods in the locker and the maximum storage?

Found, done.

Advertisement