Monkeynutz

Fix combat storing for Virtual Garage.

12 posts in this topic

The script: ExileClient_gui_virtualGarageDialog_event_onConfirmButtonClicked.sqf is broken and also has backwards config in the config.cpp of the mission file. And since it won't be fixed any time soon, I am here to help!

Basically the variable name is wrong and the 1 or 0 is the wrong way around according to the instructions, should the name be right.

Quickest fix is the following:

Change 'canAccessGarageInCombat' to 'canUseGarageInCombat' in your config.cpp of your mission file and also do the opposite of what it tells you. E.g. it says 0 means you cannot store in combat, set it to 1 instead. And set it to 0 if you wish to allow storing in combat.

Enjoy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement
On 4/14/2019 at 2:49 AM, Monkeynutz said:

The script: ExileClient_gui_virtualGarageDialog_event_onConfirmButtonClicked.sqf is broken and also has backwards config in the config.cpp of the mission file. And since it won't be fixed any time soon, I am here to help!

Basically the variable name is wrong and the 1 or 0 is the wrong way around according to the instructions, should the name be right.

Quickest fix is the following:

Change 'canAccessGarageInCombat' to 'canUseGarageInCombat' in your config.cpp of your mission file and also do the opposite of what it tells you. E.g. it says 0 means you cannot store in combat, set it to 1 instead. And set it to 0 if you wish to allow storing in combat.

Enjoy.

Nice find. An alternative fix would be to correct the behaviour in the function: https://pastebin.com/csFJ7XFs

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, kuplion said:

Nice find. An alternative fix would be to correct the behaviour in the function: https://pastebin.com/csFJ7XFs

Indeed but changing a variable file already in the mission pbo rather than adding a new file to then add more code to override it, is much more lightweight and quicker ;)

4 hours ago, Monkeynutz said:

Indeed but changing a variable file already in the mission pbo rather than adding a new file to then add more code to override it, is much more lightweight and quicker ;)

Lightweight, maybe. But definitely not the proper way to do it.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, kuplion said:

Lightweight, maybe. But definitely not the proper way to do it.

Says who? I would much rather change one variable than add a new file and override blah blah 

ladies, both ways are the same, but if you really want to talk about what one is better, it's most definitely renaming the variable in the config, unless other files use that variable, but doubtful

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, Not working 100% for me.

When I try both examples above I fire a test shot, see the combat warning symbol appear, go into the virtual garage and can't store the vehicle. All good at this point but as soon as I leave the virtual garage I am out of combat immediately at which point I can quickly get in and out of the vehicle and open the virtual garage again and this time store the vehicle.

16 hours ago, MrNeal said:

Hmm, Not working 100% for me.

When I try both examples above I fire a test shot, see the combat warning symbol appear, go into the virtual garage and can't store the vehicle. All good at this point but as soon as I leave the virtual garage I am out of combat immediately at which point I can quickly get in and out of the vehicle and open the virtual garage again and this time store the vehicle.

You've done something wrong with something else which affects this.

Advertisement