Z80CPU

[ WARNING ] - To All Users of BattlEye! Win10 Update!

22 posts in this topic

Be careful and stay ahead of the game with BattlEye and the "Windows 10’s “Stable” April 2019 Update"!

"In development builds of Windows 10’s April 2019 Update—also known as 19H1—some anti-cheat programs required by games cause Windows to crash with a green screen of death, also known as a GSOD. Green screens of death are just how traditional blue screens of death (BSODs) appear on Insider builds, so you will see a blue screen of death if you encounter this bug once Windows 10’s April 2019 Update is stable.

The most popular software affected was the BattlEye anti-cheat software used in Fortnite, which caused GSODs and made Fortnite unplayable on development builds of Windows 10. It’s not just that the game was unplayable—when you launched Fortnite, Windows would freeze."

Full Article Here:  https://www.howtogeek.com/410077/windows-10s-stable-april-2019-update-will-cause-bsods-in-some-games/

Lucky for me I still use Win7 on my 'dual boot'  Win7/Win10 computer and Win7 on my server!   ;)

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Lucky for me I still use Win7 on my 'dual boot'  Win7/Win10 computer and Win7 on my server!   

Unfortunatly my hard ware did not work with Win7 :(

Advertisement

Hello @Anhor,

Just curious, what hardware would not work and what would it do?  Personally, I never heard of such unless it was product that only 2 people in the entire world was using...  ;)

Mainboards B450 Series does not support Win7 anymore ..... as a example.

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/msi/518295-fehlende-windows-treiber-fuer-b450-tomahawk.html

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-03/ryzen-installation-windows-7-am4-anleitung/

War mir einfach zu stressig Win7 zum laufen zu bringen. Habe Win10 verflucht als es drauf war ..... bis ich ihm beigebracht habe was es darf und was nicht, einige "apps" dauerhaft vom System gelöscht habe usw.

Jetzt bin ich ganz zufrieden damit ....... sieht jetzt zwar aus wie ein Win7 und fühlt sich auch so an ...... ist aber zukunftssicher.

Edited by Anhor

@Anhor -

That is weird.  I have the B350 (Ryzen 1600x) and have had no issues what so ever.  BUT, I did make sure I had all drivers on a USB memory stick as well as on my HDD BEFORE installing new system board/CPU.  ;)

AMD  says the B350 system boards works with Win7.  See HERE

AMD says the B450 system boards works with Win7.  See HERE

No manufacture states you can not run Win7 on any AMD based board.  Granted, SOME PEOPLE have had issues - I had  NONE.

Sadly, you have been misinformed.  :(

w.JPG.dad932b2ceef59983aa92dc6536bc2e2.JPG

dm.JPG.6fb4fdc32190d0e9d6ec50bad9c34824.JPG

As I say befor ...... it was to much work to get it run (esspecially to install), so I decided the change to Win10 .......... especially against the background that Microsoft has discontinued support for Win7 .

I like being old (52), but I know when it's time for something new.

@Anhor - And I like teaching YOUNGER men how they can do some things they thought were 'too hard', or 'impossible' or 'too old'...yes @Anhor, I am older than you...  ;)

All that was  required was to copy all drivers to you C: drive, put in the new system board/CPU, boot, then install drivers from HDD!

THAT IS IT!  Nothing more!

Now THAT is NOT HARD!  It is EASY AND QUICK!  A LOT quicker than installing the nightmare known as Win10!  Then again, I am a professional who has been doing such for 35+ years...  ;)

@Sgt Smash

That kool!  Though I am not sure, I was thinking it would be on the sever side...  They might have already fixed it too.

As the old saying goes:  'An ounce (28 grams) of prevention is worth a pound (454 grams) of cure!

Hopefully it stays that way too!

• Haha 1

Advertisement