SToNeDHaMSTeR98

Auto restarts on hosted servers

Question

Hi there,

I'd like to know if anyone has had any success with getting the exile restarts to work on a hosted server, hosted by gameservers.com in this case.

They have functionality to restart the server once every 24hrs, however when the server gets populated and alotta assets are laying around, I doubt this will be sufficient.

I have set the restart time to 6hrs in my exile server config.cpp, however when it gets to zero it just keeps on going with a negative value...

Any light shed here would be much appreciated.

Have a nice day :)

Edited by SToNeDHaMSTeR98

9 answers to this question

There should be a section that looks like this on your GSP control panel.

Set the time you want your server to restart then change the 3 in the "Repeat every" to a 6.

That will then restart your server every 6 hours. As for restart warnings you can use BEC or even infistar if you have it on your server.

Untitled.png

Edited by Kappa Slappa

1 hour ago, Kappa Slappa said:

There should be a section that looks like this on your GSP control panel.

Set the time you want your server to restart then change the 3 in the "Repeat every" to a 6.

That will then restart your server every 6 hours. As for restart warnings you can use BEC or even infistar if you have it on your server.

Untitled.png

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately my server is not hosted by https://www.gsp.com/, it is hosted by https://www.gameservers.com/.

So this answer will not apply to me...

Edited by SToNeDHaMSTeR98
Didn't know how to quote :D

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Kappa Slappa said:

There must be a similar setting somewhere on there CP? Most hosts provide a scheduler 

Yes as I stated in my original post they do offer a restart function but it's limited to omce every 24hrs...

Hello @SToNeDHaMSTeR98 - You need to ASK THEM.  No one here can speak for another company.

Outside of them doing it, there are MANY ways to restart a server:

Exile

InfiSTAR

Batch Files

BEC

Some work better than others and some of these you might not be able to use and/or you will have ASK THEM for 'permission' to do them.

There are MANY webpages on how to setup the above on servers.

:)

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @SToNeDHaMSTeR98 - You need to ASK THEM.  No one here can speak for another company.

Outside of them doing it, there are MANY ways to restart a server:

Exile

InfiSTAR

Batch Files

BEC

Some work better than others and some of these you might not be able to use and/or you will have ASK THEM for 'permission' to do them.

There are MANY webpages on how to setup the above on servers.

They did finally reply to that request with something more than "I don't know". They don't allow you to upload and run bat files for security concerns. I am looking at getting infistar for other features, so I'll see if that works for me.

@SToNeDHaMSTeR98 -

You should REALLY have IS!  No, I do not work for them nor do I get ANYTHING from them!  ;)

It has a restart feature and anti-cheating features.  It also has a ton of admin features too.

It IS worth the money if you have it!

Do check with you Host, for SOME actually provide this IN YOUR PACKAGE!  If they do not, and also with the current issue, ME personally?  I think I would be looking 'around' for other people to do my hosting...  ;)

18 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

@SToNeDHaMSTeR98 -

You should REALLY have IS!  No, I do not work for them nor do I get ANYTHING from them!  ;)

It has a restart feature and anti-cheating features.  It also has a ton of admin features too.

It IS worth the money if you have it!

Do check with you Host, for SOME actually provide this IN YOUR PACKAGE!  If they do not, and also with the current issue, ME personally?  I think I would be looking 'around' for other people to do my hosting...  ;)

The only reason I use them is as far as options go for 3rd party hosting in my country, they're one of the less crappy options. But thanks anyway.

• Like 1

You do know you do NOT have to use a host just because it is in your country (unless required by your country's laws).  You can use one anywhere.  Yes, there may be a slow down due to this, but it is still something to consider.

Your server...your choice!  :)

Good luck with InfiSTAR!  You will be glad you have it!

Advertisement