SleePyHollow150

XM8 Apps Configuration

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the XM8 apps on my server; specifically the picture for the "Spawn Mosquito" app and the donation app. I have the infiSTAR custom apps installed.

I've changed the requirements for spawning a mossie or quadbike and they work fine, but the icon for the mossie can't be found. I've converted a 512x512 jpg of one into a .paa file using the Arma 3 Tools and placed it in the exile_assets.pbo (full path in the pbo is exile_assets\texture\vehicle\mosquito_XM8_edit.paa), repacked and it comes up with an error in game as can't be found (photo attached). It won't let me attach the .paa photo as well but I can provide this if needed.

I'm also trying to configure the donation part of the XM8. So far, I've made an HTML page with my donation link on it, like infiSTAR has on as default, but I'm not sure how to call it so it shows up in the XM8.

This is my app_defines.hpp file:

Spoiler

/*
    max 10 customapps! (not more slots on the app page lol)
    in the function part you could also just call your custom function or BIS_FNC_XXX e.g.:

class customapp_0 {
        submenu = 0;
        toggleable = 0;
        text = "Open BIS Arsenal";
        tooltip = "Open BIS Arsenal - Gear yourself up!";
        fnc = "if(isNil'infiSTAR_ADMINS')then{['ErrorTitleOnly', ['Only infiSTAR admins can use this!']] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;}else{['Open',true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;};";
        pic = "a3\ui_f\data\gui\Rsc\RscDisplayArsenal\uniform_ca.paa";
    };
*/
class customapp_0 {
    submenu = 0;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "Priv. Chat";
    tooltip = "Priv. Chat";
    fnc = "if(isNil'fnc_chat_send')then{['ErrorTitleOnly', ['This app needs infiSTAR.de AntiHack and AdminTools..!']] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;}else{if(isNull (findDisplay -1340))then{createdialog 'infiSTAR_CHAT';};};";
    pic = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\gear_item_radio_ca.paa";
};
class customapp_1 {
    submenu = 1;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "ViewDistance\nTerrain Grid";
    tooltip = "ViewDistance\nTerrain Grid";
    fnc = "true call apps_fnc_change_viewdistance;"; // true/false to toggle the terrain grid change option
    pic = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\gear_binoculars_CA.paa";
};
class customapp_2 {
    submenu = 0;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "Player Scan";
    tooltip = "Player Scan";
    fnc = "call apps_fnc_scan;";
    pic = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\gear_item_gps_CA.paa";
};
class customapp_3 {
    submenu = 1;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "Remote CCTV";
    tooltip = "Remote CCTV";
    fnc = "call apps_fnc_initremotecctv;";
    pic = "\exile_assets\texture\item\Exile_Item_Laptop.paa";
};
class customapp_4 {
    submenu = 0;
    toggleable = 1;
    text = "Vehicle HP Bars";
    tooltip = "Vehicle HP Bars";
    fnc = "_this call apps_fnc_vehicle_hp_bars;";
    pic = "\exile_assets\texture\item\Exile_Item_DuctTape.paa";
};
class customapp_5 {
    submenu = 1;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "BRAma Cookbook";
    tooltip = "BRAma Cookbook updated by infiSTAR.de";
    fnc = "_this call apps_fnc_Cookbook;";
    pic = "\exile_assets\texture\marker\concrete_mixer_ca.paa";
};
class customapp_6 {
    submenu = 0;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "Deploy Mosquito";
    tooltip = "Deploys a Mosquito right infront of you!";
    fnc = "['RwG_Mozzie_Carl_Green', 'Exile_Item_DuctTape', 0, 0, false, true, false] call apps_fnc_deploy;"; // [class, itemcost (empty '' - no item cost), poptabs from bank, respect, has to be bambi, can repack, once per life?]
    pic = "\exile_assets\texture\vehicle\mosquito_XM8_edit.paa";
};
class customapp_7 {
    submenu = 0;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "Deploy Quad";
    tooltip = "Deploys a Quad right infront of you!";
    fnc = "[['Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Black','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Blue','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Red','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_White','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Nato','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Csat','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Fia','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Guerilla01','Exile_Bike_QuadBike_Guerilla02'],'Exile_Item_DuctTape',0,0,false,true,false] call apps_fnc_deploy;";
    pic = "\A3\Soft_F\Quadbike_01\Data\UI\Quadbike_01_CA.paa";
};
class customapp_8 {
    submenu = 1;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "Donate";
    tooltip = "Donate to keep this server running!";
    fnc = "call apps_fnc_donate;";
    pic = "\exile_assets\texture\item\Exile_Item_XmasPresent.paa";
};

Cheers for your help,

Mark

unknown.png

12 answers to this question

@SleePyHollow150  Does the button spawn the mozzie? 

From that pic you provided its simply saying that picture doesnt exist....

Just put the mosquito_XM8_edit.paa in your mission file and change file path accordingly e.g 

pic = "Custom\mud.paa";

Edited by Kappa Slappa

Your welcome @SleePyHollow150

When I say mission file I mean Exile.altis or which ever map you use, If you don't have a folder called "Custom" you can either make one or chuck the .paa file into the mission root its self and change your file path to this it will work just the same.

pic = "mosquito_XM8_edit.paa";

Advertisement

Yeah no backslash, I found that out the same way! glad you got it sorted!! as for the Donate App no idea.... I don't use it, I use the little yellow writing on the bottom of the XM8.

Thanks @Kappa Slappa for the reply.

Yes, the button spawns the mozzie as it should and yes it just says the picture doesn't exist. I tried following the other file paths which where directed through the exile_server pbo. I'm just not sure which directory it defaults to for the file path. Using your example, "Custom\mud.paa" means to me that the file "mud.paa" is in the folder "Custom" and "Custom" is the highest directory in the folder hierarchy, if you get me. But if it defaults to the mission file then you've just made this a whole lot easier!

Would you happen to know about the donate function?

Thanks @Kappa Slappa. I'm working on the Australia map at the moment so I put the picture in my custom folder but it still couldn't find it, odd.

However, I believe it could be because the infiSTAR custom apps pbo is placed in the addons folder in the @ExileServer folder. Would the default directory therefore be "@ExileServer/addons" and so the full file path would be "@ExileServer/addons/mosquito_XM8_edit.paa"? 

Thanks,

M

Thanks for your reply, @Haywood Voltiac.

I've copied the default fn_donate.sqf in to the spoiler below:

Spoiler

disableSerialization;
["server", 0] call ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide;
_display = uiNamespace getVariable ["RscExileXM8", displayNull];
(_display displayCtrl 4004) ctrlSetStructuredText parseText '<t align="center" font="RobotoMedium">Donate</t>';
(_display displayCtrl 4091) ctrlShow false;
if(isNil "HTML_LOAD_URL_DONATE")then{HTML_LOAD_URL_DONATE = "http://htmlload.infistar.de/donate.html";};
(_display displayCtrl 4092) htmlLoad HTML_LOAD_URL_DONATE;

As you can see, it doesn't just call a URL, it uses the htmlload function.

I've replaced the URL in the default HTML page that loads up with ours and that loads fine. I'm just not sure how to call it in the code above.

M

On 2/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, SleePyHollow150 said:

I've converted a 512x512 jpg of one into a .paa file using the Arma 3 Tools and placed it in the exile_assets.pbo (full path in the pbo is exile_assets\texture\vehicle\mosquito_XM8_edit.paa), repacked and it comes up with an error in game as can't be found (photo attached). It won't let me attach the .paa photo as well but I can provide this if needed.

This won't work as you've now edited the mod and invalidated the signatures. Place the image in your mission file and point the location to it there.

And please don't randomly tag me. I wasn't part of this discussion.

Advertisement