ChaosDuck

[RELEASE] Pilot HUD (show weapon, ammo count, and flare count)

10 posts in this topic

a simple box that shows the current selected weapon, total ammo count and flare count (doesn't show if its in single or burst flare), i tried my best to make it look like the default arma 3 hud but just gave up and replaced it with a structured text box, so if anyone wants they can change that. just look for _string = "";  and everything below that is adding to the text.
https://github.com/dulanw/A3ExilePilotHUD
20181229182857_1.jpg

*edit* an alternative posted by USAFJunkie that uses the exile hud style. https://pastebin.com/YY57MG8Z overrides ExileClient_gui_hud_renderWeaponPanel

ezgif-4-a3cb78673c5e.gif

Edited by ChaosDuck
  • Like 4

A while true loop inside of a while true loop... FPS will get hit hard with this stuff, I’ll write this better for you when I get time and show you a neat trick.

• Like 1

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Monkeynutz said:

A while true loop inside of a while true loop... FPS will get hit hard with this stuff, I’ll write this better for you when I get time and show you a neat trick.

it would be great if there was an alternative way to do this. I just did it this way since I didn't notice any performance impact (also the easiest way i knew to do this).
only the inner loop gets executed with a sleep of 0.2 sec, since you don't break out of it until you get out the vehicle and it doesn't start executing until you get in to helicopter and a plane.

12 hours ago, Monkeynutz said:

we are waiting, if it possible to do this for all vehicles/

2 hours ago, [x] cit said:

we are waiting, if it possible to do this for all vehicles/

Why for all vehicles? Don’t remember seeing any other vehicles having weapons that are usable from the driver seat.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, ChaosDuck said:

it would be great if there was an alternative way to do this. I just did it this way since I didn't notice any performance impact (also the easiest way i knew to do this).
only the inner loop gets executed with a sleep of 0.2 sec, since you don't break out of it until you get out the vehicle and it doesn't start executing until you get in to helicopter and a plane.

I quoted what he said in another forum post as well... so i don't have to repeat myself here: 

Spoiler

but anyways... for this you can just make an override for Exiles hud update, and add inside of there the update for your ammo stuff, it would save a loop, but honestly it's not doing anything at all so it's completely up to you.

@ChaosDuck Mind if I throw in a quick pastebin file of my simple override that does something similar? I figure players might want options but i dont want to create a new thread for something that is the same exact purpose as this :P If not no problems :)

ezgif-4-a3cb78673c5e.gif

Edited by USAFJunkie

23 minutes ago, USAFJunkie said:

@ChaosDuck Mind if I throw in a quick pastebin file of my simple override that does something similar? I figure players might want options but i dont want to create a new thread for something that is the same exact purpose as this :P If not no problems :)

ezgif-4-a3cb78673c5e.gif

sure thing, yours looks much better too.

14 minutes ago, ChaosDuck said:

sure thing, yours looks much better too.

I ended up just copying Exiles default :P It, unfortunately, doesn't do flares nor does it do Manual Fire so your functionality is better than mine. But I mean hey its simple lol. It could probably end up being less code than it is. But hey what can ya do lol. https://pastebin.com/YY57MG8Z

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, USAFJunkie said:

I ended up just copying Exiles default :P It, unfortunately, doesn't do flares nor does it do Manual Fire so your functionality is better than mine. But I mean hey its simple lol. It could probably end up being less code than it is. But hey what can ya do lol. https://pastebin.com/YY57MG8Z

edited the initial post and added a link to your one

• Like 1

Advertisement