Kflo01

Retrieving Vehicles From Virtual Garage

6 posts in this topic

What file is called on when you retrieve a vehicle from the virtual garage? I want vehicles to face a certain direction, the same direction each time they are retrieved. 

How would I go about that? This is for retrieving from the virtual garage only not when vehicles are purchased.

Advertisement

Hello @Kflo01,

While you CAN do this, you do NOT want to do this!  In all the years of ARMA 3 MP, this was the BIGGEST issue I saw in epoch and in Exile - EXPLODING VEHICLES!

Why?  ARMA spawns them in facing 0 degrees, then rotates to the assigned position, such as 49 degrees.  If ANYTHING is between 0 and 49 degrees, POOF!  There goes your vehicle!

If you make large/low FPS SP mission and spawn in some vehicle, you will see this happening in front of you.

So if my 'garage' is facing 90 degrees, and you FORCE all vehicles to spawn in at 0 degrees, this means when I retrieve my vehicle, it will go BOOM or it will when I try to get into it.

This is the WRONG THING TO DO!  DO NOT DO IT!

And besides, I can think of NO legit reason why to do such anyway.  All you will do is to piss off people and they WILL leave the server.

:)

2 hours ago, Kappa Slappa said:

Vehicles retrieved from the Virtual Garage will face the same direction as they were stored.. 

This. And the way Exile creates a vehicles to get around issues is that it creates it waaaaay up in the sky and then moves it once it’s rotated to the correction direction, which removes the issue that @Z80CPU described.

Advertisement