Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Smash

A3XAi and safe zones

21 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to either reduce the size of the zone that effects them as it seem much bigger that the safe zone map marker, Or how to remove god mode safe zone from them(the ai only) altogether ?

Any help would be great

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Beowulfv said:

Trying to understand this. You have AI entering the safe zone and you want them to not have god mode when they enter?

Yes that or, the size it effects them to be smaller!

(i'm talking about Ai in vehicles driving near traders safe zone but the range of god mode for them at/near traders is twice the size as it is for players) For players it is the size of the marker, but for the ai it seems to be twice that!

I hope i explained this well enough

3 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

Have you looked at this?

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i have seen that thread but that is about a diffrent problem which i have also already applied to our server lol

I need to find what controls the Ai and safe zones not the random god mode Ai

Edited by Sgt Smash

I'm afraid I don't have much to add here, I only have one SZ on my server (Klen trader on Cherno) and I made the SZ just a touch bigger than the trader city to try and prevent the problem you are describing or at least make it unusual. I haven't had any reported problems related to A3XAI god mode on this server (bear in mind, it's a private, low player count server) but obviously doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just no one has seen & reported it.

Are you running Kuplion's release of A3XAI?  I know I had quite a few issues like that resolved when I updated to Kup's version rather than the original release.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

I'm afraid I don't have much to add here, I only have one SZ on my server (Klen trader on Cherno) and I made the SZ just a touch bigger than the trader city to try and prevent the problem you are describing or at least make it unusual. I haven't had any reported problems related to A3XAI god mode on this server (bear in mind, it's a private, low player count server) but obviously doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just no one has seen & reported it.

Are you running Kuplion's release of A3XAI?  I know I had quite a few issues like that resolved when I updated to Kup's version rather than the original release.

Hi thansk for the reply

Yes i'm running the Kuplion's release, i fixed the random god mode problem, the problem i have is the safe zone is about 2-3 times bigger for ai than the players, and want to find away of lowering its size to match the map marker or remove it from ai altogether.

Would changing the a & b in this make the safe zone smaller and also change it for ai?

Spoiler

class Item12
        {
            position[]={11464.6,0,7481.61};
            name="TraderZonePolana";
            text="";
            type="ExileTraderZone";
            markerType="ELLIPSE";
            colorName="ColorBlack";
            fillName="Border";
            a=125;
            b=125;
            drawBorder=1;

Also i see this in A3XAI_getSafePosReflected

Spoiler

#include "\A3XAI\globaldefines.hpp"

private ["_originPos", "_noAggroArea", "_posReflected", "_locationPos", "_locationSize", "_direction"];

_originPos = _this; //origin

if ((typeName _originPos) isEqualTo "OBJECT") then {_originPos = getPosATL _originPos};

_noAggroArea = locationNull;
_posReflected = [];

_noAggroArea = _originPos call A3XAI_returnNoAggroArea;

if !(isNull _noAggroArea) then {
    _locationPos = locationPosition _noAggroArea;
    _locationSize = ((size _noAggroArea) select 0) + 300;
    _direction = [_locationPos,_originPos] call BIS_fnc_dirTo;
    _posReflected = [_locationPos, _locationSize,_direction] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
    if ((surfaceIsWater _posReflected) or {[_posReflected,NO_AGGRO_RANGE_LAND] call A3XAI_checkInNoAggroArea}) then {_posReflected = []};
};

_posReflected

Does the line "_locationSize = ((size _noAggroArea) select 0) + 300;" effect god mode safe zone size for ai? e.g the "+300" bit Is it that adding the extra distance of the ai safe zone?

Edited by Sgt Smash

Advertisement