Kashinoda

DayZ Standalone: Exile

10 posts in this topic

I've been following DayZ Standalone for the last 6 months or so and it's starting to actually shape up nicely, I'm extremely excited about the possibility of an Exile / Epoch style mod sometime in the future.

Where things are right now:

• Server files were released to the public last week
  • Modding tools to come, but people are already starting to mod.
  • The next Experimental content pack will bring native base building and the new vehicle system

The modding (in theory) should be significantly less restrictive compared to Arma 2 / 3. Particularly hyped about the train mod developed by Arkensor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aw4-lmONqM). There's also mods for traders etc. 

The game itself is a great state in terms of performance, graphics, animations, map design, UI etc. A large improvement over Arma 3, obviously the same engine will eventually make its way to Arma 4 but we're looking at years for this.

Are there any active or existing Exile developers looking to make something?  

Edited by Kashinoda
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kashinoda said:

Are there any active or existing Exile developers looking to make something?  

i wouldnt imagine so. the enfusion engine has different coding than the current real virtuality so it would be a very big task

Advertisement

I thought that DayZ actually uses a hybrid. The modding tools for Enfusion means modders would essentially be able to do anything that Bohemia can do, but it still supports legacy C++ stuff. I'm not sure if the full BETA release will have everything running on Enfusion or not though.

I'm not saying it's an easy port over or anything like that, I'm assuming it would be a fully fledged project. I just want modders to get on board because the ceiling is much higher in DayZ compared to Arma, at least until Arma 4.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I think the devs are not even thinking about DayZ Standalone... think they had enough hair ripped out with arma 3 already

All the more reason to use modding tools without barriers :)

4 hours ago, Kashinoda said:

All the more reason to use modding tools without barriers :)

If not these guys, i'd bet someone will make something along them lines for SA, Only a matter of time. Though probably gonna be a while yet!

Edited by Sgt Smash

26 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Maybe because it don't look like crap, Just a thought lol

PS there was also a Train mod back in the day for Arma 2

xD

• Haha 1

While envision has legacy support for sqf now, it will not be using any by 0.63 'beta'release. And as the engine grows, the unneeded sqf support will be removed. 

Advertisement