Sign in to follow this  
ProtoFlex

ACE 3 Compatibility

Question

As far as I know after reading as much as I can find about the combination of ACE and Exile no one seems to have got the medical system to work aside from a few users claiming to have achieved it but have not shared the solution, just wondering if anyone can offer anything that they might have achieved with these two mods or what would need to be done in order for the medical system of ACE to override or replace Exiles.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Hello @ProtoFlex,

You CAN do what I do!  I have 2 ACE folders.

1 = Full/Complete ACE

2 = PARTIAL ACE

You can have the same.  The 2nd ACE would have the medical, fatigue, and perhaps some others PBO's REMOVED.  I have a 'Hold' folder on the same level as the 'AddOns' folder and this is where I put the 'removed' items.  This way, I can put them back in the 'AddOns' folder when the need calls for it.

Doing this SHOULD WORK,

It may not be what you want...BUT you can start using ACE TODAY doing it my way!  ;)

Good luck!

:)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @ProtoFlex,

You CAN do what I do!  I have 2 ACE folders.

1 = Full/Complete ACE

2 = PARTIAL ACE

You can have the same.  The 2nd ACE would have the medical, fatigue, and perhaps some others PBO's REMOVED.  I have a 'Hold' folder on the same level as the 'AddOns' folder and this is where I put the 'removed' items.  This way, I can put them back in the 'AddOns' folder when the need calls for it.

Doing this SHOULD WORK,

It may not be what you want...BUT you can start using ACE TODAY doing it my way!  ;)

Good luck!

Hello, thanks for the reply at least that is a starting point, I appreciate it :) 

Advertisement

You're welcome!

Well...look at this way...it is a WORK-AROUND that you can start TODAY using till you find a 'better' method and it WILL WORK!

Just realised that ACE's pain system is working, as in when you take damage from a fall (only type of damage I've tested so far) your screen gets a white glow around the edge signifying you are in pain, also ACE's morphine auto injector works to get rid of the pain (shows a change in the medical ACE menu and the screen glow disappears) should be able to get the pain to work with any type of damage even if it is hunger or dehydration from exile as long as the function is overwritten in CfgExileCustomCode however I'm unsure of the names of all of Exile's damage handlers, I'll do some digging :) 

EDIT: Also the character bleeds and bandages function correctly so these mods aren't as incompatible as I thought it seems it is just a case of which type of damage the character takes and which health system it affects.

Edited by ProtoFlex

Do keep this in mind though...once you use those items hope you do not get hurt again!  ;)  And if I remember correctly (this was 2+ years ago) you could NOT use the 'default' first aid pack on yourself.  It would 'take it' but your health never would 'come up'.

Also, the ACE first aid items are by DEFAULT, not in the traders.  So I would add them or if you get hurt....oh well...  ;)

Glad you have made some progress!

16 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Do keep this in mind though...once you use those items hope you do not get hurt again!  ;)  And if I remember correctly (this was 2+ years ago) you could NOT use the 'default' first aid pack on yourself.  It would 'take it' but your health never would 'come up'.

Also, the ACE first aid items are by DEFAULT, not in the traders.  So I would add them or if you get hurt....oh well...  ;)

Glad you have made some progress!

This is a good point but my end goal is to completely override the Exile health system so ACE's items would be only applied to its own health system so I don't think it will be too much of an issue but I guess I will find out if I ever get to that point :) I feel like things are going pretty well, I found where Exile handles all of its damage effects such as hunger and thirst so I'm going to try and make a mission file override and replace Exile's bleeding event with ACE's since hunger and thirst damage is essentially the bleeding event. If that goes well I'll try and link up the Exile GUI with the ACE health system so it displays the accurate health :) fingers crossed.

• Like 2

That's a lot of work you have done!  Congrtats to ya!  :)

All you have to do (my last post) is to just add those items to the trader and then you'll be set!  It might not mean much, keep up the good work!

On 8/26/2018 at 1:26 PM, ProtoFlex said:

This is a good point but my end goal is to completely override the Exile health system so ACE's items would be only applied to its own health system so I don't think it will be too much of an issue but I guess I will find out if I ever get to that point :) I feel like things are going pretty well, I found where Exile handles all of its damage effects such as hunger and thirst so I'm going to try and make a mission file override and replace Exile's bleeding event with ACE's since hunger and thirst damage is essentially the bleeding event. If that goes well I'll try and link up the Exile GUI with the ACE health system so it displays the accurate health :) fingers crossed.

Any luck on making this happen? I’m starting in on doing the same thing and any Info could save me a great deal of time.

EDIT: I have this working and most of the little bugs are now working and GUI's updated it's pretty neat so far.

All items working, Hunger and Thirst track and start hurting you once you hit 0%, GUI shows accurate info for things, Medical is all functional. Just working on other features now for class unlocking and some tweaks to raise the AI HP.

Edited by DanteMccloud
  • Like 1

Any more updates on this topic? I am looking to implement ACE on my Exile server, any help on how to get it done would be appreciated. If any of you got it to work, can you guide me to success as well?

Cheers,

When I introduce these 2 mods to my server at the same time, ACE medical system(or ACE damage system) overwrites Exile damage system.

It is ok because ACE working good. If you hit, you use bandage and inject morphine.

But problem is when once you leave server and rejoin while you have damaged or have bleeding, unconscious, in pain status, all these disappear.

I have no idea why server doesn't keep that info and how to fix this...

Advertisement