Sign in to follow this  
ΜεaηΜachίηε

need help

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

maybe this isnt the right place to ask but, i have a major problem with raiding bases. 
on the server we play on you can hang your safes up in the air.. the problem is i dont know how to get to them to do the hacking or to get to the inventory to take out the loot and the safe.
some guys knows how it has to be done but they dont wanne tell. This is kinda booring cause they raiding everyone and most cant because they dont know how to do it.
it would be great if someone can help me with this.

thx

would be good to see a screenshot, to see if there is any possible way of hacking it.

If not, i would contact the admin/support of the server  - imho a healthy server shouldn't allow unraidable bases

Advertisement

yeah it is allowed it should be possible the thing is only a few people know how it should be done but i dont know how to. i did managed to hack a safe that is hanging in the air but after the hacking is done i cant go into the inventory to take the safe i can pack it but cannot get acces to the inventory wich is the important thing. you also cant stand on the side walls. their are also bases who build their saferoom up into the sky. like 4 walls around it but no floorplates then ontop they got fences on top of it or somekind of hangar and some tank traps. the few they know how to do it wont share but yeah i am kinda losing the fun of exile then it should be playable not like this. when i asked admin about it he just says it can be done. but i dont see the fun about it like try 6+ hours to waste big mommas die 10 times by doing crazy thing to get to it and then at the end go home with nothing.

20180521223125_1.jpg

20180522160948_1.jpg

20180521223151_1.jpg

Edited by ΜεaηΜachίηε

its not about beeing smart or not. everyone can do it almost everyone is building like this or have a saferoom this way. but their should be a way to get it and that is what i wanne know. exile is a really great mod i like it. but base raiding should be part of the main thing about the mod but if it is so hard to do it then it isnt fun anymore. it should be playable. Sad thing is some people know how to do it and they are kinda abusing it raiding everyone. but you kinda cant fight back. if anyone can help me with this it would be very nice cause i dont wanne give up exile mod cause of this its more like you need to know how.

So why should people build a base so people like yourself is free to just raid it. Maybe this player dont want anyone raiding there base so thats why the floor is removed.

Would you build a base so people will easily just raid it.

no thats right what you are saying. nobody wants to be raided but yeah its exile raiding and be raided is part of the game you can make it hard for the attackers but it cant be impossible or a privelege for only the few who knows how to do it. i am just wondering how it can be done. cause there are some people who know how you can raid bases like that but they dont wanne tell. pretty anoying and yeah people stop playing cause of this. it can be hard but not impossible i hope someone can help or has some tips.

if the server has Rappelling maybe a good start if you have a heli, but id say that the people who raid these types of bases dont want to give there secrets away which i dont balme them, otherwise that will take the fun out of not knowing how to do it.

GL man im off to sleep

Well, the idea of removing the floors is something I did when epoch came out and I carried it over to Exile.  It also makes VERY WISE sense to build your base off a cliff too.  ;)

You have 3 methods of entry:

Air

Land

Sea

By building over a cliff, I have now removed 2/3's of the potential methods of entry.  Land and Sea are no longer an option, just Air.  And by placing wood columns stacked up, you can prevent a helicopter from landing too.  (You build a bridge (2-3 floors) out to your base and when you leave, you 'pull up' the bridge).  This type of base is now 66% 'stronger' than a normal base.

We developed another method which MIGHT get around this, we called it a TIV (Tactical Insertion Vehicle).  This is where you would load a vehicle like an ATV with all the goodies one person will need to make entry INCLUDING first aid and ammo.  The 'operator' then boards the vehicle and it is sling loaded over the base.  Either drop it close or land in on the roof and BAM!  Go to work making entry!  ;)

As far as the safes, one does not have to remove the floors either to get what you see in the pix, though it appears that was what happened.

You can also obtain this too by temporarily putting down stairs, climbing up, then placing the safe, and then remove the stairs.  No need to remove floors then, but it is a lot of 'extra' work too.  For 'extra strong' protection, base owners should employ both methods.

Sadly, there are very limited ways you can access the safes.

This is why I picked/use this method of base defense.

Your ONLY options:

You an try to JUMP/FALL on top of the safes.

You can try to repeal on TOP of the safes. (In my base, even though you could do this, to leave, you would fall to your death)

You can catch the base owner in their base/while going in, and kill them.

Hide in the base and surprise them when they enter and kill them AFTER they lay the floors down.

IF the base owner(s) are SMART, they will have TWO doors leading into their base.  A 'Dead-Man Door' is  the name is for this type of protection, the way it works is like this:

Player opens door 1

Player closes/locks door 1

Player opens door 2

Player closes/locks door 2

By doing this, you will NEVER gain access by killing the player.  This simple addition is something a lot of players miss.  You can take this one step further too by placing cameras facing AWAY from your base.  When coming near your base, you look at those cameras.  This will keep you safer and help prevent your vehicle being stolen while you unlock Door 1 and moving the vehicle inside.

Employing the floors removed, the double doors, and having it built on a cliff, have keep my base 'raid free' in 3 years.  Is it impossible to raid?  No.  BUT, if the do break in, they get NOTHING;)  I also instructed people when teaching 'how to raid' to look at the payout.  If you spent 1000 to get in and make only 250, it was a loss.  Always examine what it will cost to get in vs. what you can take out.

For you OP, as most players do not employ the 'double door' security method, this is a weak spot that you must exploit or hide in their base (somehow) which may be 100% a waste of time...and probably will be.

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement