Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Creating community mod

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience or information on how to create a custom Community mod? I'd like to create one that contains a map and Exile that I can customize so that in the event future updates come down the pike, the server won't be effective until thorough testing has happened.

I think you honestly post too much and sometimes (if not most of) the content is not good.
Google has the answer to this question and I'm sure you hopefully have enough brains to type.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/160014-combining-mods/

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2cwiii/help_with_combining_mods/

Also please don't go copy and paste all exile pbo's because you will have a fat DMCA on the upload k tks

Edited by Cloud22
  • Like 2

Advertisement

Thank you for the information some of it was helpful, some of it was constructive.. 

@Cloud22 Orginally I was going to continue this line of personal attacks, but instead I'm going to take the high road. First, thank you for the information, however had I done it your way, I would not have been made aware of the DMCA issue, as none of the links you shared went into that. 2nd, this is the place to come to ask for help, especially if that help involves exile.. Believe it or not, Google does not hold all the answers. And lastly, why the personal attack first thing? Have I offended you, Are you jealous? Need a hug? This is not the place for personal feelings. If you feel I am breaking a rule with the forum or being toxic, take it to a moderator and see if they feel the same.. If not, then it is just your opinion. K tks! 

Edited by geekm0nkey

7 hours ago, ka0s said:

Good luck repacking Exile into a community mod, we will DMCA you B|

I was unaware.. It was really not for the exile that I needed this.. Had an issue with redux, the latest change ruined a trader location and I'm having to rework it.. Mean time, had to put the regular map back till trader is complete.. I just mentioned Exile as a I need something other than just a map in there. That was all no harm intended. 

Right now things are a little backwards and it may be that way unavoidably. Where 9 times out of 10 the client gets updated before the server does. I was trying to make it so that the server can be updated first before the clients do. Trying to avoid downtime. 

Edited by geekm0nkey

1 hour ago, geekm0nkey said:

Thank you for the information some of it was helpful, some of it was constructive.. 

@Cloud22 Orginally I was going to continue this line of personal attacks, but instead I'm going to take the high road. First, thank you for the information, however had I done it your way, I would not have been made aware of the DMCA issue, as none of the links you shared went into that. 2nd, this is the place to come to ask for help, especially if that help involves exile.. Believe it or not, Google does not hold all the answers. And lastly, why the personal attack first thing? Have I offended you, Are you jealous? Need a hug? This is not the place for personal feelings. If you feel I am breaking a rule with the forum or being toxic, take it to a moderator and see if they feel the same.. If not, then it is just your opinion. K tks! 

Yes I am very jealous of your godliness. /s

Both sites literally say either “authors won’t approve that” or “check if mod makers allow you to”  I’m not sure if you read it or could read it though, sorry for assuming that. As for help, most questions that have been asked have already been answered and therefore searching a little harder would save time for some others. Good luck on your server.

Edited by Cloud22

Advertisement