Sign in to follow this  
Brock5992

Temporary building

6 posts in this topic

I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find an answer to this.  Is there a way to allow someone to build temporarily that will disappear after a server restart?

I have a private server and only do PvE and would like the ability to build anywhere without a flag (i.e. building ladders to get up on a roof).  I understand the flaw for PvP and base raiding but just want this for our PvE.

My guess would be that I would have to modify either "ExileServer_object_construction_network_buildConstructionRequest.sqf" or "ExileServer_object_construction_network_buildTerritoryRequest.sqf", but I don't know enough to know what to tweak.

Basically, possible without any heavy code modification.

Question:

Should ppl still be able to build bases wich stay for longer time or do you want everything cleaned up on serverrestart?

Very basic (not tested):

Make an overwrite for  ExileClient_util_world_canBuildHere.sqf

and remove:

if (_requiresTerritory) then 
		{
			throw 1;	
		};

This should allow you to place everything without being in territory.

in @ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config\config.cpp

set

constructionLifeTime = 0;

This should (as stated, not tested) remove ALL objects (also workbenches, storage crates, safes, walls, everything) everytime the server restarts.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement

Yes, you can, BUT, what will determine who can and who can not do this?

The EASIEST way is to have an admin give this person 'stuff' and let them build it and when done, using InfiSTAR, remove it, or remove it via the DB.

This requires ZERO coding!

;)

6 hours ago, WURSTKETTE said:

Should ppl still be able to build bases wich stay for longer time or do you want everything cleaned up on serverrestart?

Yes.  I was hoping for both.

On 15/01/2018 at 1:20 PM, Brock5992 said:

Yes.  I was hoping for both.

There's a function in the Exile code that allows for things like workbenches and safes to be placed outside a territory flag radius. Maybe you can find that list of components and make a code override with a few more items such as ladders, sandbags etc?

Advertisement