Shadowsong

infiStar Virtual Garage

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

we are using infiStar Apps/Addone and would like to include the virtual garage as a new app into XM8.
Unfortunately, we do not know how to include the VG and where to find / add the scripts exactly. Can anybody please help us?

Thanks in advance,
Shadow

• Like 1

Advertisement

You are correct. I have taken it from ExAd, but since we have the infiStar Apps/Addons the Virtual Garage is always on an XM8 spot which is already taken by an infiStar app. Therefore, we thought it would be nice if we could add the VG into the infiStar as custom app.

Do you know how to add the VG on a certain spot in XM8?

• Like 1

you need to call it 

Spoiler

//App 10
       _app10Text = "Virtual Garage";
       _app10Logo = "XM8Apps\Images\garage.paa";
       app10_action = {
       [] ExecVM "Addons\VirtualGarage\Functions\ExileClient_VirtualGarage_AccessGarage.sqf";

};

like how i did mine

Sorry to bother you again, but we are new to Arma 3 Exile Server Setup ;)

I have found the SQF I should call in this addon downloadable at github https://github.com/Psychosiss/Virtual-Garage
There is a readme.txt which explains how to install the mod - I understand the whole desciption (database changes and files changes), but logically, if I change all this on server side and make the changes in malden.pbo - this will not work with infiStar Apps I guess.

So sorry if we are not understanding this right away - but how do I bring changes to infiStar and malden.pbo together?
Should I just install everything as mentioned in readme.txt and call the sqf in infiStar Apps and this will work?

I would really really appreciate it, if you could explain this to us a little bit more.

Thanks so much in advance.

Lana :)

I have taken it from ExAd

Why not use both? Exad and infistar apps, you can then turn off the Exad apps your don't want to use, that's what we did and it all works fine, the only issue is that the infistar apps don't scroll if you have to many apps for more than one screen in the xm8, but other than that its all good

Thank you for your reply wilderness.

I would love to do that, but as you said the InfiStar Apps are not scrolling. We had the issue the the ExAd VG overlay an app from infiStar in XM8 on the second page. How did you fix this?

We have the same issue.

How do you add ExAd virtual garage into infistar custom apps?

class customapp_8 {
    submenu = 0;
    toggleable = 0;
    text = "";
    tooltip = "";
    fnc = "";
    pic = "";
};

The Virtual garage app is on the same spot as infistar private chat app in the XM8

@ wilderness

We also only one page for all apps. we are having all standard apps from XM8 on first page and the last three on the second page of XM8. Then we have the 6 apps from infiStar. So 5 places left for apps on the second page. The only app we would like to add is VG. But this overlays the first app of infiStar.
I will try the link you have sent wrt to scrolling this week and give you all some feedback.

Thanks so much for your replys so far.

• Like 2

Advertisement