TeknoTel

This forum is extremely unengaging for new users or people with genuine questions due to its severity...

32 posts in this topic

I hope you can take this constructively.

I love Exile, its a fantastic mod. The work the dev team has done on this has been fantastic and I find myself always coming back to play it.

But these forums are just too strict for someone new or trying to get help. I literally have given up even looking for help here as I think legit half the posts I have ever made here are deleted or moved somewhere that makes no sense to me where no one would even look and hence I get no help or input.

I made a post today asking other users for servers with good FPS. I got a pm about a server from a guy and I was very happy as the server is awesome but kind of low pop.

As I have witnessed how strict this forum (have seen close but never have had completely harmless if not useful for other player posts deleted within 15 mins), I even said I have found a a server with very high FPS am I allowed to name it?

When I came back to check the thread has vanished, no messages nothing just deleted.

This forum is not that busy really.  I just don't get why completely harmless posts are deleted or moved when they could be useful for other users? I am almost certain I did not break any kind of rule and if there are rules against what I said then I am bewildered as to why. It is not like you are being overrun with trolls and spam? I honestly don't see anything out of place or out of line in asking other users for help or server suggestions. There is no category for it....

Why create a great mod and then have the strictest most exclusive forum moderation to go alongside it, there are other posts from people saying the same thing, while I don't agree with their tone I honestly don't even think there is a point making a post here for anything not related to server setup or operation anymore. Last time I posted here I wanted some help with advanced building techniques. There is no category that fits it.

When I came to check the post it had vanished again and after asking someone I was told it was moved to third party mods...... Here is the post:

How does this have anything to do with third party mods in problems and bugs? Obviously, no one responded as it was placed somewhere that makes no sense where no one would even go to. I never got any help with this, something that literally every server I have ever been on has people doing.... What would the problem be with this being in general discussion as it is regarding general game play? This isn't even strict moderation this is just plain incompetence. Its almost like the person that moved it didn't even bother to read it or was just intentionally trolling.

So what is the deal here? All I can think here and please do not be offended by this is some sort of control/power thing going on. I literally have no other explanation. As an attempted user of this forum I just think after a few tries there is little point of players coming here at all.

Aren't you trying to build a community? Surely this level of forum moderation is counter productive to ingratiating players to your fantastic mod and giving them a place where they can ask other players for help and advice or just chat about the mod.  I honestly have never experienced anything close to this level of moderation, especially in a mod that is in development.

I would presume that common sense would dictate that if there was no category for a topic to fit into then general discussion would be the place for it to be, especially when it is regarding general elements of the game and where to play the game?

So to those of you who are in charge, as a user I am telling you this forum is a major turn away, not from the game. The game is great so I will play it as long as I enjoy it. But coming here for help ort just to be involved in the community just seems pointless for the reasons I have listed. The building post I linked I have absolutely no clue why it was moved to third party mods as explained, however the server FPS one, I mean, isn't it a good thing for players to help each other find good places to play? Everyone has different game tastes. For me FPS is no.1 prio, but for the majority it seems modded high pop servers do the best even with poor fps.

That post could have helped others with my tastes and even the server owner to get a few more people playing his server he has put time, money and love into. How is there any negative to a post like this to deserve deleting it....?

Sorry for the rant just think maybe people aren't communicating any of this with you as it would seem pointless. As I said it seems quite a lonely place to be in this forum, especially on the player side and I think maybe things like this are the reason why.

This is my experience of using the forum anyway. I was going to go to the reddit but I looked and immediately could see DONT ADVERTISE SERVER HERE, DONT LOOK FDR PLAYERS HERE USE THE OTHER REDDIT etc. and just immediately thought this is just going to be the same moderation.

Anyway that's my constructive criticism. Hope its not taken the wrong way and it can at least be discussed.

Edited by TeknoTel
  • Like 2

I am just giving you my opinion. The last two attempts I made to make posts here both one was moved somewhere that makes no sense, hence no replies and the second was deleted for no reason that I can understand with no explanation.

i understand you have your rules and sections, just as a user I would have no idea where to post either of my totally harmless and legitimate questions explained above. How can a question for tips with building using stuff in native exile be suited to third party mods?

If you all think everything is fine and working great then more power to you. I am just saying as a user I just kind of given up trying to ask questions here as I don't know where my questions fit in your sections and when I post them where I believe common sense says they should go they get deleted or moved.

That is my experience with this forum and me just giving you some feedback.

I think its telling that most exile communities forums I have been part of are as active as this forum seems to be.

Edited by TeknoTel
  • Like 1

Advertisement

Ok so seeing as you are a lot more knowledgeable than me please explain why my post was deleted today and how a question about building is suited to third party mods in bugs section? I don't see how what you just stated explains anything I spoke about above.

I see what you mean about the hostile nature. I never noticed anything like this before and my post had nothing to do with hostility.

Edited by TeknoTel

Me too, ive been here a while and posted a bit aswell including some very stupid questions and ive never had any major problems.. I would have said that this forum was very good and a great help aswell as the community having some fun and cracking a few jokes along the way.

6 minutes ago, Delish said:

Me too, ive been here a while and posted a bit aswell including some very stupid questions and ive never had any major problems.. I would have said that this forum was very good and a great help aswell as the community having some fun and cracking a few jokes along the way.

I just must be very unlucky then as literally both times I have actually needed help or wanted to know something from members of the community, my experience has been as described above. I still would like someone to attempt to answer how my post on building was put in third party mod section before writing my experience off as somehow my own fault.

well i cant say as to why it was moved but from just looking at the categories i would have put it in problems and bugs> third party mods if you were a server owner and the snap option wasnt coming up in your server or if your a player well then i think the section i personally would have put it in gameplay>constructions and territory section.. and that is just my opinion no idea if it is correct.. the other thing i think might be a bit misleading is in my eyes this forum is for people interested in development of the game and creating/altering/fixing mods and scripts for exile. which usually comes with a bit of coding knowledge or at least some research or a youtube video on the basics.

also im sorry your experience was so bad here... hope it improves :)

Edited by Delish

14 minutes ago, TeknoTel said:

I still would like someone to attempt to answer how my post on building was put in third party mod section before writing my experience off as somehow my own fault.

It's simple, a mistake was made and it was moved to the wrong place or misread.

I moved that help with advanced building. I was probably either really drunk or super tired and saw something about advanced building and moved it into the 3rd party forums. My bad

We have rules set in place so stuff doesn't get out of control. Could we maybe improve the user experience on the forums? Sure we could but with such a small team its quite difficult and it makes it easier for us to take time out of our busy days to do it the way we do it. I might start including where a thread was moved to that way people don't get lost when they suddenly see their thread moved. But they could always go to their profile and see their recent posts to see where it went. 

I did however hide your post earlier today because its basically inviting others to break the rules of server advertising and you mentioned a few servers in there that was basically and advertisement. 

Advertisement