Mr.Unique

Compatibility

10 posts in this topic

Hello Mr. Unique,

Not being a 'wisenheimer', who said it would not work?  Also, I guess your knowledge is quite limited on this subject as well.  The use of discord is thru EXILE, NOT ARMA!  So it would not make a 'hill of beans' either way!

ARMA starts Exile, Exile sends message to Discord.

NOT: ARMA starts Exile, then Exile sends message to ARMA, then ARMA sends it to Discord.

This is also how the database works as well:  ARMA starts Exile, Exile sends message to Database

:)

Advertisement
On 19.05.2017 at 9:05 PM, Z80CPU said:

Hello Mr. Unique,

Not being a 'wisenheimer', who said it would not work?  Also, I guess your knowledge is quite limited on this subject as well.  The use of discord is thru EXILE, NOT ARMA!  So it would not make a 'hill of beans' either way!

NOT: ARMA starts Exile, then Exile sends message to ARMA, then ARMA sends it to Discord.

This is also how the database works as well:  ARMA starts Exile, Exile sends message to Database

I'm not sure that this is so, the arma3 x64 will not be able to contact x86 bits of dll, and the message will never reach ...

I never stated what would work with what.  All I stated is that ARMA is not using Discord, rather Exile is.  Please re-read what I stated.

;)

On 5/19/2017 at 2:05 PM, Z80CPU said:

Hello Mr. Unique,

I'm not so sure you hold the knowledge you think you do...

ArmA uses the CallExtension command to interface DLLs, there is no native command which exile implements to implement external messaging services (the DLL used to communicate with discord is the XM8.dll). Launching a 64 bit server application (or any application) means that you need an x64 version of the dll. Exile does not have an x64 version of the discord dll therefor you cannot interface the ArmA 3 x64 server application with discord with the included DLL

please read here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/callExtension

That's the nice thing about posts/emails.

Exile is the AUTHOR of the message.  ARMA, BY DEFAULT, does not 'talk' to Discord.

;)

14 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

That's the nice thing about posts/emails.

Exile is the AUTHOR of the message.  ARMA, BY DEFAULT, does not 'talk' to Discord.

;)

the author of the message/code/dll is completely irrelevant, I think you're missing the point; the only thing pertinent to answering the op's question is XM8.dll compatibility with ArmA x64, which it is not.

You may be correct on your assumption on what I thought.

BUT, you ACTUALLY can.  Maybe not in ARMA yet, but a 64 bit app CAN access a 32 bit DLL.

"Microsoft recommends that you use interprocess COM to use 32 bit code with a 64 bit application."

https://blog.mattmags.com/2007/06/30/accessing-32-bit-dlls-from-64-bit-code/

Personally, I never 'get into' such stuff such as this...however, in programming, almost NOTHING is impossible.  This could be accomplished as poorly as writing incoming/outgoing data into a text file and have the other read it in, process it, then write it back out in a text file.  It CAN be done.  Almost anything in programming can be done.

;)

Edited by Z80CPU

We take care of the network transmission from your Arma server straight to Discord through our backend servers. It is the same way our app works, but some users get the messages routed to their Discord and not (only) to the app.

Unfortunately there is no 64 Bit .dll so far. But @Grim teased me a few days ago with a 64 Bit version. So maybe he can post it?

• Like 1

Advertisement