JustCallMeAPro

[PC] Exile Territory Management Desktop App

8 posts in this topic

Exile Territory Management v0.8.05

Description: 
Hello Exile Community! My name is JustCallMeAPro and I am a C# programmer of about 4-5 years and I'm here to bring you something I have been creating for the community for about 3 weeks now. As you can see above, the name of the program is called Exile Territory Management. This is a desktop app which allows the user to manage their territories for multiple servers if they play on multiple servers. Or even just a few territories on 1 server. You can set payment dates and get payment notification reminders when your PC boots up for every territory you've opted in to receive notifications for. I think this will help people pay their territory payments on time, and will better help the exile player overall. So far its a pretty basic program. I created this app to better myself in C# and learn more about how everything works. I do plan on releasing updates, however I felt that an auto-update system would not be worth it if I only plan on releasing like 1 or 2 updates. This program was developed on a Win7 64bit OS and was tested immensely and works. I have not tested it on Win8 (too lazy to download the .iso and make a vm), but I have tested it on Win10. From what my testers say, it works on Win10 without any problems. Please reply here if you have any issues, concerns, questions, or feedback. Thank you! This is my way of giving back to the community, and if you don't need it, don't use it. This is still a work in progress and I am not the most experienced programmer out there. This is only the second time I have messed with Visual Studio Installer. If anyone would like to help me out with either inno setup or anything similar to that, please contact me! I DO plan on releasing the source soon whenever I finish the documentation. This program is provided 'as-is' and is provided free of charge. Use at your own risk.

How to use the program:
Please note everything in this program is manually managed by the user. Nothing connects to your server, pings your server, or modifies anything of your server.
To add a server:

1. If your program is not open, you can open it by either double clicking on the exile logo in your system tray in the bottom right or right clicking on the exile logo and click 'Restore Main Window'
  2. Right click on 'Servers and Territories' in the TreeView
  3. Click 'Add New Server'
  4. Either type in your server name manually, or if you have the IP of the server, you can type/paste it in the IP box and check the 'Automatically grab name from the internet' checkbox.
  5. Click OK

To add a territory:

1. If your program is not open, you can open it by either double clicking on the exile logo in your system tray in the bottom right or right clicking on the exile logo and click 'Restore Main Window'
  2. Select the server you want to add a territory to in the TreeView
  3. Right click the server
  4. Click 'Add New Territory'
  5. Type in your territory name, and territory owner GUID (which is your SteamID64). Then select the date your payment is due (click on the drop down arrow), and then check whether you would like to receive notifications for that territory (daily or day before payment).
  6. Click OK

Changelog v0.8.05:

• Source included (documentation is not complete however)
  • Fixed an autosave bug with setting new payment date
  • Main window now shows when opening from desktop shortcut or applications folder
  • Added command line parameter support for two commands: -showmainform and -shutdown [type] ("all" or "other")

Download (password is exile):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3rloblaf0tywi9x/Exile_Territory_Management_v0.8.05_source.rar

Virus Scan (msi):
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/253e29211c36c98f529560fc0105d703455990410014a2897675d62a08b04eb4/analysis/

Virus Scan (exe):
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b5d0d0c422e809114429461dd56533c39590768a3a76dcab85f1a3d95ce600c4/analysis/

Screenshot:
9fea9056df.png

Credits and Special Thanks:

1. Jens Thiel (thielj) - MetroFramework UI
  2. Noxad + jmcilhinney - cToastNotifications Base
  3. Bohemia Interactive - Creating Arma 3
  4. All the Exile Devs <3
  5. Everyone on Stackoverflow <3
  6. All the BFC admins for helping me test <3
  7. JustCallMeAPro - Creating this program

Admins please move this thread if it is not in the correct section.

Edited by JustCallMeAPro
update
  • Like 2

Advertisement

Why don't you make this so it's not manual? You could release an extension for Server owners to optionally run that send this info automatically to a database that your tool can pull it from and display to the client :P

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mezo said:

Why don't you make this so it's not manual? You could release an extension for Server owners to optionally run that send this info automatically to a database that your tool can pull it from and display to the client :P

I would love to do that however I'm somewhat new to setting up huge projects like these and I also have no money to afford any kind of server. Like I said I do plan on releasing updates, I'm just taking it one step at a time. I do have a little experience with MySQL however. How would I go about this extension? 

Advertisement