nJoy.

Exile server on VPS, hardware and providers.

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I have a question. Is it possible to host a exile server on vps with decent FPS. I am thinking for about 50 players and some additional mods (not alot od them). This was probbably answared before but I can't find any decent info. Also maybe there is good providers, for decent price? Thanks! :)

if you know how to setup a dedicated server via windows without a game control panel.

then look at getting a dedicated option, gtx has them for around 70 euro. If you have your own windows server lic key, you can always rent hardware from online.net (no support) or ovh at a decent rate.

I am renting with online.net for 40 euro a month

The last Intel Xeon® E3 v5 CPU
- SSD storage by default
- 32GB DDR4 ECC memory
-3x 250gb SSD

comes base with unix, and KVM so you can install your own ISO operating system.

Advertisement

I would prefer dedicated server as you suggested. Thing is there is really cheap VPS offer from my local server provider where I live. Only problem is there would be alot more work to host on linux VPS and also I am not sure what CPU's they use. Might get in touch with them. I have used their service before so I am 100% sure that their servers work as they should be.

i would check their Terms of service and use, make sure your allowed to host a game server on their packages. some hosts do not allow it because of the high bandwidth it can generate, and can be taxing on servers.

server i would make sure for 1 server you have available 4gb ram, and diskspace depending on the number of mods you are adding, will be anywhere from 15gb and up if using cup mods.

Edited by tinboye

5 hours ago, nJoy. said:

linux

5 hours ago, nJoy. said:

VPS

Don't do it. You will have NOTHING but headaches.

Get a dedi. Use Windows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

Get a dedi. Use Windows.

Shit Slindows, take linux, Fock windows!

but yeeh dedi, aldo i have to say vps with atleast 4 cores and 4 gb ram should do the trick.

2 hours ago, kuplion said:

Get a dedi. Use Windows.

Yup, I would be better off with windows as its my own PC's operating system. I would probably be doing fine with linux, except it gets frustrating when it comes to testing something on local server and then pushing that update to linux... But also it's sooo tempting because of the price...

6 minutes ago, nJoy. said:

Yup, I would be better off with windows as its my own PC's operating system. I would probably be doing fine with linux, except it gets frustrating when it comes to testing something on local server and then pushing that update to linux... But also it's sooo tempting because of the price...

What I meant was that so so so much doesn't work with Linux/Arma without an insane amount of tweaking and fixing. It's just not worth the hassle.

• Like 2

Advertisement