Bones51

ExileMod Advanced Repair Script

78 posts in this topic

Noticed that a lot of the repair scripts out there are no longer working/supported, so thought I would share this with everyone. Developed this from John's original wheel repair script so all credit for the idea, and any leftover code of his in there, to him.

I'm no expert coder so advice/improvements welcome.

What does it do?

• Repair & salvage wheels and engines on vehicles.
  • Repair & salvage engines, main rotors and tail rotors on choppers.
  • Repair everything except engines, wheels and rotors
  • Replacement repair all function.

Features

• Uses custom commanding menu to select which repair/salvage action you want to take on the vehicle.
  • Easily modified 'recipes' for each action (see config instructions at the bottom of post).
  • Handles multiple wheel configurations (4-8) for default Exile but will need to be modified to handle additional or mod vehicles, will default to assuming 4 wheels unless specifically defined otherwise.
  • If your inventory is full it will place salvaged items on the ground (which can be a little dodgy if in a raised base or building, items will appear on the true ground).
  • Progress bar and interruptible action (i.e. if you move or press a key it will stop the action)

Installation

1. Download the file at https://github.com/Bones50/ExileMod-Advanced-Repair
  2. Install Instruction are included in the file (updated 22/12).

Configuration

1. To change the recipes for salvage and repair open the 'Bones_fnc_salvageAndRepair.sqf' file.
  2. Scroll down to line 45 and modify the relevant section below that (e.g. _action == 'repairCarHull').

Options include:

• "Parts to Act On" - Which vehicle hit points will be acted on
  • "Parts Needed" - what items are required and consumed (repair) or returned to the player (salvage)
  • "items Needed" - what items are required but not consumed (e.g. foolbox).
  • "Item Action" - 1 = salvage, 0 = repair
  • "Duration" - how long the repair/salvage action takes in seconds

To Do:

• Modify Repair all to require wheels (fix wheels up to the amount in inventory only).
  • Try to fix the salvage items appearing on the ground instead of current surface.

ENJOY!

Edited by Bones51
  • Like 10

This is really cool. Thanks for the upload!

Within regards to the Engine salvage and/or repair, is there a specific model/item you've used?

I've checked your 'Bones_fnc_salvageAndRepair.sqf' file and did not see what is returned.

Advertisement

Nevo,

No custom object, tried a few things in the items list but none really made sense/worked, and had a look for mods available that would add something suitable but couldn't find anything that really fit, so went with general items. Also wanted a rotor block but also no joy. If anyone knows of a mod that adds these, let me know.

Check under _action = 'repair engine' or 'salvage engine':

["Exile_Item_MetalWire","Metal Wire"],
        ["Exile_Item_JunkMetal","Junk Metal"],
        ["Exile_Item_OilCanister","Oil Canister"]

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bones51 said:

Nevo,

No custom object, tried a few things in the items list but none really made sense/worked, and had a look for mods available that would add something suitable but couldn't find anything that really fit, so went with general items. Also wanted a rotor block but also no joy. If anyone knows of a mod that adds these, let me know.

Check under _action = 'repair engine' or 'salvage engine':

["Exile_Item_MetalWire","Metal Wire"],
        ["Exile_Item_JunkMetal","Junk Metal"],
        ["Exile_Item_OilCanister","Oil Canister"]

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I'll let you know If I come across anything.

• Like 1

Well if people are using the mod below that has some vehicle parts, engine, car lights, seats etc

just a thought :D

Btw thanks for this script, looks great will check it out

• Like 3

Seems i have a little problem, the admins are able to use the script however, everyone else cannot.

Whats happening is that once you select repair/salvage the second menu shows and quickly disappears, could this be down to infiSTAR, do i have to whitelist the idd?

Also some cars work and others do not, we use cup vehicles, do we need to include the vehicles somewhere in the script?

Edited by Roaban
additions

45 minutes ago, Roaban said:

Seems i have a little problem, the admins are able to use the script however, everyone else cannot.

Whats happening is that once you select repair/salvage the second menu shows and quickly disappears, could this be down to infiSTAR, do i have to whitelist the idd?

Also some cars work and others do not, we use cup vehicles, do we need to include the vehicles somewhere in the script?

Looking for infistar config line

KCM = "true"; /* Just close ALL CommandingMenus */

and change "true" to "false"

Advertisement