TheAmazingTaco

Painting Bases?

21 posts in this topic

I've noticed on a couple of servers lately that bases are being painted with camo.   Is this a separate mod or is it somehow in vanilla?  If anyone happens to know what script or mod it is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TheAmazingTaco

Advertisement

Thats the [EXO] Mod which I looked at, its not the script itself but only the textures used in the script.   I'm either looking how to do it myself or find someone that already has one and is willing to share. (script, I can make my own textures)

Be forewarned!

These 'paints' jobs will cost you and your players FPS! 

#1 - These 'images' must be downloaded from the DB

#2 - These 'images' are overlaid on every piece in a base - the bigger the base, the slower and lower FPS

#3 - Every time a player looks/moves, will be slower due to the redrawing of these images.

A better solution would be to change the actual texture on the piece itself.  As an example would be to have 3 types of floors:  camo, normal, dark green.

:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Be forewarned!

#2 - These 'images' are overlaid on every piece in a base - the bigger the base, the slower and lower FPS

#3 - Every time a player looks/moves, will be slower due to the redrawing of these images.

A better solution would be to change the actual texture on the piece itself.  As an example would be to have 3 types of floors:  camo, normal, dark green.

Agree creating new objects with the texture would be the best idea but that's way past my skills in arma

Say you only wanted to add RGB values to the objects, that wouldn't hurt FPS that much?

Cheers

10 hours ago, Skryp _ LotzoTheUltraBear said:

can u give me the link so i can work for my self? 

I found the download in this topic

Has anyone made this work yet? or even created new one, EXO? would they share the script?

Well from what I can tell, it pulls in the piece with the original color, then replaces it.  I have seen this 'painting' code that is used with some of the vector building code, and this is how they do it.

I suspect if I did it, it would be the same way as the original piece already has a color 'assigned' to it.

This is almost a tad over my head though...

;)

On 14/12/2016 at 1:48 PM, Z80CPU said:

Be forewarned!

#1 - These 'images' must be downloaded from the DB - Wrong the textures are stored in a separate mod and all the database does it tell the server what texture is assigned to that object. And this is only done once on server start.

#2 - These 'images' are overlaid on every piece in a base - the bigger the base, the slower and lower FPS - Wrong again. All it is doing is reassigning a texture. All base objects already have a texture assigned to them so all this does is change what you see. So why would it affect fps.

#3 - Every time a player looks/moves, will be slower due to the redrawing of these images. - Still the exact same situation with normal base objects.

Source ... I'm the guy that made it for EXO.

Edited by Shix
  • Like 6

Advertisement