BetterDeadThanZed

Bring back the lobby

36 posts in this topic

I would love to see the return of the lobby for several reasons:

1. Not having the lobby has been suggested as the reason for so many memory crashes since 0.9.8 (When the lobby was removed).
2. It gives you a place to escape to when you have to leave the computer for a moment (To use the restroom, get a drink, etc).
3. When switching from admin mode to player mode with Infistar, you don't have to log back into the server because you'd be sent to the lobby.

• Like 4

IIRC, the new loading screens can be disabled to bring back the lobby, but it's a server-by-server basis. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But yes, I miss the lobby, too.

Edited by UBEChief

Advertisement

it wont work doing that :) the whole lobby/loading rsc has been remade and unless u make another mod for your server, there is no way you will be able to do what you want (bring back lobby) you cant make another lobby to appear over the top either as its mod coded not mission side.

32 minutes ago, happydayz said:

it wont work doing that :) the whole lobby/loading rsc has been remade and unless u make another mod for your server, there is no way you will be able to do what you want (bring back lobby) you cant make another lobby to appear over the top either as its mod coded not mission side.

That's why it's posted here, in the hopes the devs will do it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I would love to see the return of the lobby for several reasons:

1. Not having the lobby has been suggested as the reason for so many memory crashes since 0.9.8 (When the lobby was removed).
2. It gives you a place to escape to when you have to leave the computer for a moment (To use the restroom, get a drink, etc).
3. When switching from admin mode to player mode with Infistar, you don't have to log back into the server because you'd be sent to the lobby.

I too would like to see the lobby return, I have a server for myself and some friend to play on and is open to other people, the lobby used to give those with slower connections bit of a 'staging area' to connect, before going on the join the game.

Advertisement