JerryAtricks

Server Not Public... No Direct IP Join Either

5 posts in this topic

So I got an Exile server up and running. I can join it. I can play on it. Runs great! However, it is not showing up on the public Internet server list and also players cannot join using my IP.

I port forwarded 2302 - 2305 on both Windows Firewall and my Router. The thing about the router is, I'm not sure which choice I am supposed to PF on. My router has three choices to use port forwarding, only one of which can use the host program at a time - The router, my PC, or the IP address. I've tried all three and still no luck. I followed ALL of the directions posted here about the install but still nothing.

I've exhausted all resources that I can think of. If any of you have any suggestions or can point me to a thread I may have missed that would be awesome. Thanks!

Nevermind. I've narrowed it down to my antivirus firewall. For some reason it will not allow UPD to communicate. If I shut down the firewall my server shows up. But that's not an option sooooooo. Just gotta figure out how to let it allow UDP connections. 

Advertisement

Yeah, I did that but my AV still wasn't allowing it. Ended up deleting all of the rules for it and ran it in Interactive Mode so I could manually OK all of the connections. Now it works like a charm. :)

You need to add TCP and UDP to the firewall for it to allow to be seen by the public.

PS: and the steam ports ;)

Advertisement