vitalymind

[Release] Improved XM8 apps

74 posts in this topic

Improved XM8 apps for Exile mod

This script adds "apps" button to XM8. This allow use of custom scripts and slides in Exile
This script doing essentially same thing as Shix xm8Apps, however, there are following deference:
 - Sliding functionality of Exile is used in natural way.
 - Go back button is there.
 - Script allow creating custom slides and use them naturally via exile`s functions.
 - Script does not take away any buttons, "Territory" button is shrinked to half size instead.
 - When XM8 is closed and opened last opened slide will be on, same way as Exile`s slides.
 - Whole system is very native to Exile, devs can easily integrate into exile any app, made for this system.
 - Detailed step by step guide, how to make own apps. Visit THIS thread for more info.
 - Support for legacy apps, those made for Shix`s xm8Apps.

WARNING!!! This script MAY have problems with some existing apps.
Old (legacy) apps SHOULD work. "GO BACK" button may be broken,
how to fix it, read in legacy\legacyAppInstall.txt

If you are author of app, and you would like to adapt it to new system, please 
read legacy\legacyAppAdapt.txt, there you will find instructions and examples.

AUTHORS
code - vitaly 'mind' chizhikov 
art - z3ro and DaCoon
original idea - Shix

AVAILABLE APPS
Here is a list of apps made for Improved XM8 apps. PM me to add your app to this list.

XM8_Apps_IGURules by @Jamie
XM8_Apps_ViewDistance by @Jamie

VIDEO
See how this script works, on example of Repair Mate, along released vehicle repair script

FUTURE PLANS
1) Get feedback on forum
2) Make requested features
3) Conquer the galaxy

DOWNLOAD
Get script from GoogleDrive
See open source at GitHub

INSTALLATION

Spoiler

1) Copy XM8_apps folder to ROOT of your mission folder.
2) Edit "initPlayerLocal.sqf" Add line.
    "" execVM "XM8_apps\scripts\XM8_apps_init.sqf";
3) Edit "description.ext". Add line to the very bottom.
    #include "XM8_apps\XM8_apps_sliders.hpp"
4) Edit "config.cpp". Add following lines to CfgExileCustomCode class
    class CfgExileCustomCode 
    {
        ExileClient_gui_xm8_show = "XM8_apps\scripts\ExileClient_gui_xm8_show.sqf";
        ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide_apps_onOpen = "XM8_apps\scripts\ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide_apps_onOpen.sqf";
        ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide = "XM8_apps\scripts\ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide.sqf";
    };
5) Edit "XM8_apps\XM8_apps_config.sqf" according to instructions provided with apps you want to have.
6) Edit "XM8_apps\XM8_apps_sliders.hpp" according to instructions provided with apps you want to have. 
7) Enjoy!

MAKING OWN APP
See this thread to find out how to make own apps for this framework. Feel free to ask questions there!

Edited by vitalymind
  • Like 8

Advertisement
5 hours ago, stefan2812 said:

did any of u get "scratchies" to work? Mine semi work, but after using one of the buttons i am on a blank page, instead of staying on the apps page as i am supose to.

can ANY one help me please i have installed this and the app works in till it ask me to get in to car then i did and got out the app was blank after that and would not work again just blank screen on it ?

Edited by NickMiner69

8 hours ago, SadBoy1981 said:

Looks good, but is there way to add Advanced Banking also?

Yeah. However, for proper work, some adjustments to advanced banking script required. Please ask author to make support for improved XM8 apps, there are all needed materials, examples and guides included in download (see first post).

Edited by vitalymind

On 14/04/2016 at 0:30 AM, NickMiner69 said:

can ANY one help me please i have installed this and the app works in till it ask me to get in to car then i did and got out the app was blank after that and would not work again just blank screen on it ?

Sorry for late reply,  But yes it was wrong version now it's working Great, Well done to all of you who brings this Improved XM8 Apps with the Repair Mate.  It's a must in game Brings XM8 in to the Future of Tec how a App Would be. so Thank you for all the help and support you have given to me you win my Monkey Vote :monkey: .

Advertisement