Champion

More Constructable Objects/Funtionality?

25 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I just started an account as I am very passionate about this topic. I have played Arma 2 Dayz for years, probably as many of you have! I am pretty much an Arma Expert. Not coding wise, but definitely gameplay wise. Anyways, I have a proposal? I guess that is what you would call it. I played the Vanilla Dayz mod, and pretty much every other one under the sun. Though, my favorite was Epoch Panthera. I loved it, couldn't get enough. Seems that most players do not like Panthera though. I'm sad to watch it fade off as a map, because it is a great one, but its okay. Back on topic. I really loved 2 scripts implemented in Epoch Build System. And that was The Snap Build Pro, and the Vector Build. These were seriously amazing! Now, Exile I love you, you guys have definitely done a much better job than Arma 3 Epoch haha. But I think I can speak for a majority of Exile Base Builders when I say that we would Like to add more functionality to the existing base system. I love that you guys kept it without physics. But I think this could really boost up the community of Exile by a ton if there were equivalents of those. And I already know that there is a snap system in place, and I am quite the base Builder. But I'm pretty sure we can all say it needs a little work. But the Vector Build! NOTE: for those of you who do not know, Vector build lets you manipulate and object you are placing down I.E Wall and take literally exacter angles, tilt it forward, tilt backward, sideways, by exact measurements! if you want 18 degrees forward, and 20 degrees to the right you can! It was seriously an amazing script added to Arma 2. Now I am pretty good at Java coding, though do not know too much about Arma code whatsoever. But to finish this off, basically I would like to say that I think the community of Exile as a whole would love to see a ton more construct able structures, I loved those damn arma 2 metal floors, and cinder block walls. But also, More functionality with base building. It is definitely harder to build amazing little sniper crevices in Exile(Not necessarily a bad thing) but I think it would be super fun to implement more functionality for base building. If I had to order it with priority I would say:

1. Vector Build/More In Depth Object Placing System

2. Add more construct able objects.

3. Tweaking Existing Snap System

Anyways those are just a humble mans opinions on how to really take this already amazing mod to a whole other level, I know the best times I had in Arma 2 Dayz Epoch was killing those pesky base snipers and also sniping people out of my pesky little base! Love the Mod, Keep up the great work!

-Champion

• Like 2

I agree. I think it needs more buildable stuff like the iBuild Garage Doors. They start off as really wide Doors and if you stack them, they turn into two story tall garage doors. They also have Ramps and Ladders and doors in the ceiling for helicopters to land inside. There were windows that had boards crossing them  too. You could also build with concrete.

Above all, I think the building system should not be limited by number of objects per level but instead it should be by stories. Level one would only allow you to build a 1 story base. Level 2 lets you build a 2 story base etc.

Here is an example of the Nerdmod iBuild A3 Mod garage doors.

Edited by DeathInc

Advertisement

This has been asked so many times, unfortunatly without any structural response. I've assesed this many times to, as lot of players where drawn to Exile due to the building. But it hasn't had any updates since release.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeathInc said:

I agree. I think it needs more buildable stuff like the iBuild Garage Doors. They start off as really wide Doors and if you stack them, they turn into two story tall garage doors. They also have Ramps and Ladders and doors in the ceiling for helicopters to land inside. There were windows that had boards crossing them  too. You could also build with concrete.

Above all, I think the building system should not be limited by number of objects per level but instead it should be by stories. Level one would only allow you to build a 1 story base. Level 2 lets you build a 2 story base etc.

Here is an example of the Nerdmod iBuild A3 Mod garage doors.

iBuild will be exclusive to 2017.

25 minutes ago, MarvellousOne said:

iBuild will be exclusive to 2017.

where is this and why? In saw no posts on the iBuild stuff. And besides, I meant to have buildables "like" the stuff in iBuild.

3 minutes ago, happydayz said:

I believe that this update has more buildables :)

hopefully this update will include the Namalsk release as well as the new Exile stuff.

18 minutes ago, DeathInc said:

where is this and why? In saw no posts on the iBuild stuff. And besides, I meant to have buildables "like" the stuff in iBuild.

Believe it's on both 2017 website and there Facebook page. For me I hope they make cinder and metal floors.

Yes! I would love cinder and metal floors, guys we need this thread to stay actives. I want a dev/admin to see this. This I think is the most important thing that Exile needs to update, it has been completely disregarded after Exile's Release, but there needs to be advancements to the build system! Help get admins/Devs to reply if you agree!

• Like 1

Advertisement