Eichi

Are we too silent?

56 posts in this topic

Hey inmates

I have heard from multiple sources that we could do more. I have heard that it looks like Exile development is dead and nothing is happening. Our current change logs also leave the impression that we only and exclusively focus on Namalsk.

Is that true? Do you agree with that? What do you think?

Please let us know.

We also plan to send a newsletter to clear this mess up, soon.

I personally agree that our current change logs contain many Namalsk related things and might be misleading. The reasons why we have spent so much time and energy into Namalsk are the following:

• Altis is a vacation island and way too big, yet being our only "official" map. We do not like the sunshine, the mediterrian climate. It simply does not fit the dirty and rough criminal story that Exile follows.
  • Namalsk is tiny. Altis is too large. It takes hours to run around on Altis to meet someone. Players were hording in Pyrgos just to get some frags. You will always and everywhere face enemies on Namalsk. PvP is literally everywhere!
  • Due to the size of Namalsk you will probably only host servers with a maximum of 40 slots. Meaning you could increase the construction parts limit as there are not so many bases as on larger maps. Everybody loves building, but not if the server performance dies because of it.
  • Namalsk had a creepy background story in Arma 2. It was perfect to implement more survival aspects into Exile. All the new environmental and survival aspects you see in the changelogs are not a part of the Namalsk map. We have programmed them into Exile, meaning Chernarus Winter or Taviana servers can have breathing and snow, Lower Esseker could become a contaminated zone or whatever you feel is cool.
  • We have spent eight to fifteen hours per person per day for nine months on Exile exclusively. It was (is) literally our life! Working on a map was completely new for us. It was refreshing for us to do something different and new, but still it was pro-Exile.

We have also slowed things down a bit, as we really needed a break for the above reasons. We were close to burning out. Also, life, family and business take time, too. I for example work in another country and travel a lot. It then happens that I am not at home for a week. Still, I sit in the hotel room each evening and work on Exile or am in Teamspeak. On top of that, baby Eichi is "due" in ten weeks. It requires time to prepare for a child :)

• Like 22

Advertisement

I have to say when exile was released, the communication was great. Facebook, Twitter Updates, Dev Blogs, Announcements, streams, youtube videos . It has slowed down now.

well if the guys need a break / slow down a bit, it think its well earnede...better to chage the batterys than burn out :-) we are also looking forward to the Namalsk map...the work you already have put in to the mod and map are fantastic...... And congratulation whit the comming new family member :-)

• Like 1

Maybe you just need a few people to help keep people up todate for you? Be that through videos showing upcoming new content, writing a weekly devblog update on your behalf etc. Happy to help in anyway bro :) And I'm sure there's a few other guys around this place that would be too.  love this community! :) and congrats on the wee Eichie bro! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

Put it up on github, let the community help you out.

They are as of 1.0.0 - once they have it at a place they are comfortable with the core game being finished. Otherwise it will start getting split left right and centre with various peoples interpretations of what the core mod should be.

• Like 2

I also love the work you guys are doing, best mod since A2:Epoch. But i've seen quite a few servers quitting or dying out due to lack of information and content. Namalsk will give it a nice boost again, but only for a short while. The thing that attracted most players, including me, is the basebuilding. It's already way better then any other mod, but it needs more asap. It hasn't had any updates since the first release, while i've seen tons of requests for it. We need more different kinds of buildables, more crafting recepts, ways to camo bases.

Advertisement